1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
Looking for an original tripod at pretty good price? Check out Ebay and this link. I hope someone can use one. I purchased another one from this person last week. I haven't received it yet but his feedback scores are pretty good. This one is missing the manufactuer plate. Seller is located in Germany.
Buy it now for $759.00. No, I don't get a comission. lol I think this a great site and since I've learned so much I would just like to do my part in returning the favor and contributing as well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-ORIGINAL-Applian-1942-M2-30CAL-1919A4-MOUNTTRIPOD_W0QQitemZ6635832998QQihZ012QQcategoryZ4721QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ebay Tripod

I paid $799 "buy it now" and $100 for shipping which I thought was reasonable considering the weight and distance. I had checked with the attached site and they were asking $1500 for almost the same tripod also "plateless" for $1500 and that wasn't including the pintel and T&E.
Yes, I read some of the other comments from European bought items and I guess I had to take a chance. His "feedback" was pretty good. I think he also has a WWII museum in Germany whos link I will attach also. I will keep everyone posted as to if I receive it or not.

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-ORIGINAL-Applian-1942-M2-30CAL-1919A4-MOUNTTRIPOD_W0QQitemZ6635832998QQcategoryZ4721QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://www.autoweapons.com/photos/accys/tripods&mounts.html

http://www.the-quartermaster.de/

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tripod finally arrived!

Well my friends it has finally arrived from Germany! I was getting worried after the 4th week. I had suspected that it might be lost or in custody of U.S.customs. 6 weeks later....yahoo!!
Actually I think because of the weight of the tripod and low cost of shipping it was brought over by ship. Maybe U-Boat? lol Anyway if you do order from Europe it might take some time to get here. Even longer if you live on the "Left Coast".

Now...... to wait for Allied Armament to finish my 1919A4. :D

·
Banned
896 Posts
Why do you guys post this stuff??

WHY?? Are You posting on a Public Forum that you illegally IMPORTED an ITEM on the RESTRICTED list without a FORM 6 !! Are you sitting on your brains?? Don't you think people with gold badges are not on this forum !! Plain STUPID !! Your user name of "" Kamikazi54 "" Is fitting-- Are you begging to be arrested ??? Or do you want someone shutting this board down?? I see that you list you occupation as a Law Enforcement Officer !! Are you therefore above the law??

·
Banned
896 Posts
Because they are !!!

THEY ARE ON THE LIST ! Please debate that with the ATF; because I am sure no matter who you are or what job you have if they show up at your door; you will regret it for the rest of your life !! I am not going on a rant here but It is just Plain Stupid to post this stuff on this board !!

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Restricted?

Old......this site is to learn and share ideas wouldn't you agree? You tell us to debate ATF? You seem to have the knowledge....share it with us. Tell me the U.S Codes, BATF list or other information we can look up. Teach us instead of ranting and raving.

Kamikaze is the Devine Wind do you know the history behind it? It is not spelled Kamikazi and have you ever heard of the alcoholic beverage? Someone here could use a drink.

You need to not get so emotional and learn how to communicate with people in a calm intelligent manner otherwise you will alienate people. It appears other folks have talked and posted importing tripods on this site. I have checked with U.S. Customs so why should I be afraid?

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Hmmmm?..using the below logic, do you think this will work the next time I get stopped for speeding?

?Officer, even though I do admit driving 65 mph in a 45 mph zone, I wasn?t really speeding. You see, 45 mph is far too slow for this isolated stretch of country road and, as I?m sure you saw, the car in front of me was going at least 65. Besides, the last sign was way back there, so how am I to know that speed limit applies here??

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your first mistake was admitting to doing 65 in a 45! So Ill just ticket you for doing 60 in a 45 and I'll give you a break!!! LOL

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
oldtirediron said:
WHY?? Are You posting on a Public Forum that you illegally IMPORTED an ITEM on the RESTRICTED list without a FORM 6 !! Are you sitting on your brains?? Don't you think people with gold badges are not on this forum !!...........
Well, this went through customs, and the guys with gold badges cleared it and let it in. They apparently didn't consider it restricted. Maybe the agencies aren't aware of each other, or maybe common sense in one agency overrides the annoyance factor in another agency. But... for a guy supposedly sitting on his brains, he's done OK.

·
Banned
896 Posts
NOT Funny !!

No it didn't go through customs-- It slipped through customs; because someone falsified the package contents label-- Big joke !! - it is still a felony and still against the law !!

·
Registered
7,775 Posts
I think you made your point oldtirediron, but I have to agree. Relax and chill out. You aren't the apponted customs agent or atf agent for 1919A4 are you? Constructive advice and criticism is a lot easier to swallow than admonsihment. Most of the gys here are out of school and are able to listen to a calm, polite, direct comment. You seem to have vast knowledge and information and a good memory about facts - you ability to help people here is obvious to many - but nobody likes being yelled at or spoken down to my friend :)

Just an outsider looking in.....the way it looks from here......

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oldtirediron, I am not here to get into a pissing match with you, this is not the forum for it and I would not want to jeopardize this site either. It's a wonderful site because of what it offers to 1919A4 fans. Share with us your infinite knowledge. I am still waiting for the U.S. Codes and statutes and a "restricted" list of items from the BATF from you. Thank you.

·
Registered
146 Posts
http://www.atf.gov/firearms/feib/index.htm is the guidebook, but I can find nothing about MG mounts.

So then I looked a the US Munitions Import list, which is the list according to the above link. I found this http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2422/05dec20031700/edocket.access.gpo.gov/cfr_2003/aprqtr/pdf/27cfr447.21.pdf . Now I could find nothing on MG mounts, tripods, etc... It did say mounts for artillery and weapons over caliber .50 are a no go.

I'm sure I have missed something or overlooked something, but this should get you a good start in your research.

·
Banned
896 Posts
Sorry to ruffle feathers ??

I really don't care what you do ; but don't post any questionable activities here--- tripods are not importable without a Form 6 PERIOD. Form 6 requests are free-- I have done it at least 20 times; for items from dug up WWII military rifles that are rusted out of servicability to tripods for a bunch of different firearms. I think you are missing the point of my concern-- Figure it out for yourself i am done with this subject.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts