1919 A4 Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
It used to be considered an implement of war, which definately requires a form 6. But I can't find where it says what is considered an implement of war anymore. Any ideas? If you want to go with the minor parts idea, I would think as long as it was shipped in boxes that were valued under 100$, I think you would be okay that way too and not have to do a form 6.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Everything has to go thru customs, I have bought new German small engines off ebay for $89, guess what they go thru customs, so the tripod obviously went thru customs and passed otherwise it wouldnt have made it here, the likelyhood of the seller falsifying information and getting a large package thru US customs w/o an examination is non-existent.

I just looked thru the ATF website again, I havent found anything that says a Tripod is an implement of war. The section speak specifically about firearms, firearm barrels and ammunition. If you bought a pintle bolt, booster and extractor from a guy in germany or japan and had it shipped here, and before any of the exchanging of funds and part took place you filed a form 6 with the ATF I would have to think they would laugh themselves silly.

oldtirediron said:
I really don't care what you do ; but don't post any questionable activities here--- tripods are not importable without a Form 6 PERIOD. Form 6 requests are free-- I have done it at least 20 times; for items from dug up WWII military rifles that are rusted out of servicability to tripods for a bunch of different firearms. I think you are missing the point of my concern-- Figure it out for yourself i am done with this subject.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
46 Posts
It must be legal. Otherwise our ever-vigilant homeland security gang would have never let it onto our soil. Those boys are all over this stuff, they wouldn't pass up the chance to make an example of something to justify their gov job.
Everyone relax. Nuff said.
:cool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you bought a pintle bolt, booster, ect. it would be under 100$ which ATF outright says does not require a form 6. As I said IT USED TO BE considered an implement of war. I can't find what it currently falls into. As far as customs, I have been out of the country dozens of times and have only had my stuff inspected once. Otherwise they just looked at my declaration and I passed through. If anyone believes that everything coming into this country is inspected they are living in a fantasy world.

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
This thread reminds me of one of my own personal quirks. I get a tremendous amount of emails from folks that state so-called "facts" and "research data" and "studies" to support one point of view or another. In 99% of the emails there is no reference to support the information so I usually respond and ask them to please email the source, copy of the research paper, etc so I can decide for myself. In not one case have I ever received supporting data. Sources like "a source close to the Kremlin" or "a source close to the White House" or "according to a top US Aid" or "a government official was heard to say" or "according to a leading newspaper" or "popular opinion says" or "official sources alledge", etc don't mean squat to me.

I would suggest that if anyone sees someone post something that they might innocently or inadvertently be doing that is not legal, then send a pm quoting and referencing a legit statute, law or ruling. Just my .02 from lobos book of good manners; thousands published...none sold :).

I'd like to see the current reg or statute reference too that restricts pods. Publishing that kind of info here would be a great source to have. I don't think there is a moderator appointed for this forum, but that info would make a great sticky.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts