1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any info on what would be the best way to use the M23 cradle with a mount so you can either stand up and shoot it, or sit on a 5 gallon bucket. I have the idea of welding the pintel socket to a post, but would like other ideas of the legs so it does not move as much. We have the stick and wire welders and metal band saw, just looking to see what others think. Thanks, Jerod

·
Registered
7,022 Posts
...M48 socket

Believe that you can use the M48 socket to weld to a base and use the M23 set up. I had Ironcreations (Jeff) make an M3 tripod with the M48 socket so I could sit down and fire a FA M2HB. It will also mount several other large socket mounts.

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
Take look at the M63 mounts for ideas on building a sit-down mount. An original vehicle mount socket, or repro designed for firing (not most of the repros), appropriate size pipe/tube, some simple fab and a sit-down or stand-up mount is pretty easy to do. I once built a stand-up mount that plugged in one of the under bed gooseneck hitches that was a fun option.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mount

I already have the large pintle socket for the M23 cradle, I know it will move a little bit shooting it, but it is only a semi auto. Thanks, Jerod

1 - 4 of 4 Posts