1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I got my 1919a4 last year, and loved the hell out of it. However, thanks to that I now want to get the 1919's bigger brother, the M2HB. This brings me to my current dilemma, are you able to get the parts to build them still or do you have to buy the pre-built ones that cost an arm and a leg? I would honestly love to try building one as it would be a great experience and I would feel a deeper connection with it over if I just buy one, but from what I'm seeing you can't get ahold of the receivers anymore (and I do not have the machines to cut out my own). I've found sites like Gryphos (who I see is a member on here but hasn't been active in a while, both here and his website) that were actively selling M3 receiver kits a few years back but have since then gone dark (aka no new posts), and GunBrokers is next to useless since kits for the M2/M3 aren't as common anymore. So would anyone here happen to have any advice for what would be the best route or where I could go/contact to find the receiver/other parts for them? Thanks all!

·
Premium Member
5,454 Posts
There are a couple sources for kits but if you are looking for all WWII parts that is going to be harder because those kits were gone a long time ago. One will surface here and there but you had better be ready to jump on it. With the kits going for 5500-7500 you till them need the semi RSP- 500.00, semi trigger/sear- 500.00, rivets-35-40.00, machine work for the semi mods-Varies or DIY. At the end of the day they are just not a cheap gun to either buy or build but you have certainly come to the right place for help.

Reactions: Snipersps700

·
Registered
393 Posts
Best bet is to just hang around here till either a kit or gun pops up at a price you are willing to pay. I spent several years going to swap meets and picking up the occasional loose parts here putting together the parts for a kit. Then when I had most of the parts finally acquired a complete gun a complete gun came up at not much more than the cost of the kit I put together. So I purchased the gun and sold off most of my kit to a fellow member here. So patience is going to be the key to getting what you want for either a kit or gun.

Steve

·
Registered
115 Posts
With the danger level being so high on these .50’s I think I personally would lean towards something already built by a pro, but the build does create “bonding“ time!

·
Registered
124 Posts
You won't regret buying it. You will regret selling it. Figure out your shooting mount as part of the purchase. My first one I didn't get to shoot enough as I struggled with the M3 mount (it's really low). Sold it and kicked myself for years. Bought another via a kit from Christos and a build by JNC. Took a bit, but absolutely worth it. Christos is slow but delivers. JNC does extremely nice work.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Fastmonkey - I put a bid in for you just to get interest going. Already got two plus a DShK. Milady would kill me if I bought another.

·
Registered
26 Posts
So, I got my 1919a4 last year, and loved the hell out of it. However, thanks to that I now want to get the 1919's bigger brother, the M2HB. This brings me to my current dilemma, are you able to get the parts to build them still or do you have to buy the pre-built ones that cost an arm and a leg? I would honestly love to try building one as it would be a great experience and I would feel a deeper connection with it over if I just buy one, but from what I'm seeing you can't get ahold of the receivers anymore (and I do not have the machines to cut out my own). I've found sites like Gryphos (who I see is a member on here but hasn't been active in a while, both here and his website) that were actively selling M3 receiver kits a few years back but have since then gone dark (aka no new posts), and GunBrokers is next to useless since kits for the M2/M3 aren't as common anymore. So would anyone here happen to have any advice for what would be the best route or where I could go/contact to find the receiver/other parts for them? Thanks all!
I currently just listed a complete M2HB for sale on the forum. It’s a TNW semi auto only with tons of accessories.

·
Registered
26 Posts

1 - 10 of 10 Posts