1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
12,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While looking at the semi auto M2HB from OOW, I noticed they give you a nice case with it. I thought the gun too large for a case so I didn’t have a good idea for transporting my transferable.

i called OOW but they are not interested in selling their case.
Rectangle Office equipment Musical instrument accessory Font Gas

then I see that pelican makes one, but it’s $1,500-
Rectangle Gas Metal Fashion accessory Event

i know it’s an expensive gun, and I’m. It trying to be too cheap here but $2,000 buys a lot of ammo. What are you guys doing to move your 50s around?

that abs gun with 2 barrels seems super heavy for 1 case. I can see receiver in one case, maybe faith a couple slots for some needed spares like a bolt and a pair of barrels in another? @jmann what do you do?

·
Premium Member
7,356 Posts
Rory, I had an original transit chest that was for a few 50 barrels that I converted for mine. It now fits the gun and 1 45" barrel and the original 36" barrel plus some spares. I never made anything for the tripod but probably should. The Pelican case OOW shows in the ad is quite nice though.

Reactions: Rory

·
Registered
622 Posts
Harbor freight sells a pelican type case for 169. Looks good and would be long and wide enough, just not sure it would be deep enough. Dimensions are 50 3/8 ×13 5/8 x 5 1/8.

·
12,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any of you oow buyers, let us know if there’s a part number on the case. It wouldn’t have the same foam but at least has the size correct.
It’s a nice layout

·
Registered
1919A4, M2HB, 50BMG Windrunner, McMillan, AMAC, Armalight
35 Posts
While looking at the semi auto M2HB from OOW, I noticed they give you a nice case with it. I thought the gun too large for a case so I didn’t have a good idea for transporting my transferable.

i called OOW but they are not interested in selling their case. View attachment 111111

View attachment 111112

i know it’s an expensive gun, and I’m. It trying to be too cheap here but $2,000 buys a lot of ammo. What are you guys doing to move your 50s around?

that abs gun with 2 barrels seems super heavy for 1 case. I can see receiver in one case, maybe faith a couple slots for some needed spares like a bolt and a pair of barrels in another? @jmann what do you do?

i called OOW but they are not interested in selling their case. View attachment 111111

View attachment 111112

Rory,
I use the M1950 USArmy Paratrooper weapons case. Our team would jump the receiver with 100 rounds in one bag, the M3 tripod with barrel, Pintel, T&E and 50 rounds in a second bag, and the ammo would follow with the rest of the team.
the older canvas cases are better than the newer nylon. You can easily pick them up on the net.
It was a ***** trying to do a PLF with that beast hanging on your side.
They are readily available on Amazon, EBay, etc. So two bags will move the beast around easily.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Looks like a Pelican/Storm/SKB. Whatever it is, it's going to be over 100 lbs loaded. The Pelican knockoffs I've seen at HF are pretty flimsy in comparison (but I'm a HF hater).

·
Premium Member
7,356 Posts
I use those for the regular beltfeds myself and they work great and are much easier to move around than transit chests.

·
Registered
67 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have well over 100 SKB and Pelican cases at work. Let’s just say the SKB cases have never had any issues. Their also much cheaper than Pelican and have the same lifetime warranty.

·
12,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cant say the same for the starlite cases I have. Supposed lifetime warranty and totally blew me off after repeated empty promises

·
Registered
213 Posts
Great idea Rory! Based on visual comparison, I am reasonably confident that OOW, is using the following case manufactured by Condition 1 in Texas:
SKU: H818BKF8968AC1​

They also sell a deep version (OOW is not using the deep version):
SKU: H2106BKF11737AC1​

Does anyone know where the foam could be professionally cut to the correct profile for a reasonable price?
There are quite a few online foam companies that have CAD programs on their website. You'll just have to lay it all out and do a bunch of measuring

·
Watercooled Addict
2,163 Posts
I use the hardigg/pelican case for my .50’s. If you think one to fit a m2 with the barrel outis expensive, price one for a watercooled 50. The hardigg style rotomolded case is no joke. Use closed cell foam so it wont hold moisture and throw some desiccant in and its good. I cant tell you how many tornadic knob creek evenings my colt guns have spent in that case just sitting in the weather.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Over multiple M2's and decades of trying to find something that worked just right, I bit the bullet and went with the Pelican. It is a piece of art, and worth the money. A couple other options on this list look new and nice as alternatives. Might have pursued them had I known of them when I was shopping/if they existed, but honestly I have no regrets. The hardware on the Pelican has picked up some blueish surface oxide but it works like a champ.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I found used golf bag cases work exceptionally well. Some polyurethane slabs from Jo Ann’s fabrics and some foam glue and you not only have a great case but it’s camouflaged.

·
12,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I found used golf bag cases work exceptionally well. Some polyurethane slabs from Jo Ann’s fabrics and some foam glue and you not only have a great case but it’s camouflaged.

for a 1919 sure but an m2?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts