1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know what type of pintle socket I need to use the M2HB cradle with the can holder. I need to get this part first then the cradle. What is a good price for a used cradle. I will build my own mount but need the pintle socket to build from. Thanks, Jerod

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
The 50 cradles like the M23 use what's typically referred to a vehicle or pedestal mount socket. Be careful as many of those available are intended for display mounts and not for shooting. Cleaning out cabinets last year I came across several M23 cradles/can holders I didn't remember having so may be peddling a couple of them one of these days.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
While Ive never seen one in person, the 'Made in India' pintles and mounts are made of pot metal and will not stand up to sustained firing. Im a cheap SOB, but after reading a few reviews of these products, they appear to be made solely for the reenacting and parade crowd.

·
Registered
287 Posts
As far as I know no one is reproducing the M23 mounts.

The D38579 fork is the one that is heavily reproduced and the one you need to be careful with when live firing (the repros).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts