1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a kit from GB, from what I could see it was in great shape. Well as I own a cerakote business I started blasting parts. Come to find out it appears the seller coated all the parts with sandable filler primer and then rattle can sprayed black. Now the top cover, rear cover, bottom cover look like they were on the ocean floor. Nothing that would compromise safety, however cerakote is out of the question. What should I do, replace the parts with parts that have better finish or try to sand down the pitting and try some type of high temp paint?

·
Premium Member
7,018 Posts
It really depends on how deep the pitting is but if it were me I would have been a bit upset with the seller for not disclosing the real condition of it.

·
12,607 Posts
I’m with Toolman. Upset is a bit of an understatement. That sounds more like intentional fraud.

either way I’d try to replace the parts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’m with Toolman. Upset is a bit of an understatement. That sounds more like intentional fraud.

either way I’d try to replace the parts
Yeah, Im pissed to say the least. You would have never been able to tell from the pics on GB or when your looking at them on the toolbox. When I started blasting I noticed the primer and paint. Not sure what feedback to leave the seller. Ill post pics just to show what I have.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Your building a gun that will have a value over $10,000 Replace the parts and parkerize it for finish, anything else will take away that value and make it harder to sell if you should need to sometime in the future. I would contact seller and discus the issue and if he won't make it right would have no problem letting people know. Feedback and / or other means. just my 2 cents.
Greg

·
Registered
563 Posts
If you bought parts that were advertised as good, I'd be looking for a refund. Also, if you bought an all m2 kit....that is an M3 buffer housing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Depending on how long ago you paid, you may be able to try the gun broker claim route if you get no response from the seller. Damn shame as those parts aren't worth anything aside from scrap price.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts