1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Interesting questions

how much is a Valkyrie m2hb going for used and how reliable are they= stan
http://www.valkyriearms.com/index.html

Just looked up Val's website and to my surprise it is active again, might try and contact for laughs. M2 shows up on the products tab, then past projects only as a photo. No experience with her M2. I can say the 1919 has her own lock frame design. Fire control group was derived from AR hammer and trigger group. Bolt has normal relief cut and uses USGI sear. Barrel extension also has standard relief cut, but is also milled shorter on the bottom profile feature to clear blocking tabs inside the receiver. As far as it being reliable, yes it works. For value the last 1919 by her I noticed on GB the seller was asking a premium price. Her October 1999 flyer shows only the 1919 package with tripod, belt linker, and links for $2,850, a semi M3-A1 with three mags for $750, and the Delisle Carbine $1,595.
Customer comments shown on the flyer include:
"I got to fire my .50 on Christmas Eve morning - it worked perfectly! I really enjoy the gun. Thank you!" Signed J.J.M. In Hawaii

Another interesting question might be can it be converted to use fire control parts from KMP, and at what cost?

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
I thought I read in SAR a couple of years ago that Valkyrie was back under new ownership, nothing to do with Val and her partner, seems like they made quite a point of it in the beltfed ar article. But looking at the sight it looks about the same. I didnt see anything on the customer testimonial page about the hand crank miniguns.....:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,911 Posts
If it runs well 5000 is a smoking great deal!
The tripod is almost $1000 on its own!

R
Agreed you got a very good deal considering the parts kits and tripods cost more than that today.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Val and Kay Arms

I read both threads and yes it looks like they are back. Hope they owe no one here anything! Sadly it looks like as a company they still have the same issues as earlier. I emailed them the same day as my first post and there hasn't been any response.

Moving on, looks like at the least you have a parts kit and tripod for a reasonable price. Of course you need to post pictures and provide a range report when time allows.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
still getting together ammo, headspace guage, cleaning kit etc. before firing- stan
:eek: Hopefully they do a better job on m2hb than they do on mg42's. I picked one up last year that they built for a guy up here that had issues. Boy did it have issues ,bent welded bolt , buffer tabs installed wrong -loose ,rails to tite , barrel extension ground on, grip frame installed wrong. It took me a while but it works now.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
valkyrie to kmp system?

Does anyone know what it would take to convert fro Valkyrie trigger to kmp system?- stan

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Pictures?

Does anyone know what it would take to convert fro Valkyrie trigger to kmp system?- stan
Pictures of the internals and inside the receiver box may help with your 50. That way the 50 shooters can add information more easily.

IF it is of any interest? On the 30's the receiver box has two stops at the bottom of the side plates which requires milling off the bottom of the barrel extension. The bolt has the standard relief cut BUT still uses the USGI sear. Where it gets really interesting is that the lock frame is a completely new part featuring a trigger/hammer assembly designed around AR-15 parts.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I'd be interested to know this as well. I, too, have a semi Valkyrie M2hb with "issues".

btt to keep this thread going...... Thanks stanamale1 for bringing this up! :thumbup:

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
50 valkyrie

When my daughter comes here in a couple of weeks I will post pics, I need to disassemble,lube and check trigger pull then, its kind of hard right now but part of the problem I see is their trigger is a straight push type and does not have any fulcrum advantage built in like the orig. type paddles. I will see if this can be redesigned for an easier trigger pull.- stan

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
:violinist::REMBER This gun can kill you, if it has half the ussuis my mg42 did you would be crazy to try to fire it!!! Know I'm no expert on these guns (jest starting the build on my first) I've had a single shot for ofer 10 years ,this round has the same power as A hand GRANDE. :eek::help: Seek help from somone that knows what they are doing. You got a great deal ? Wounder why? That being said you can spend the money to have it fixed right and still be into it less then buying one. Jest my 2 bets GOOD Luck
Greg

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
valkyrie

I cleaned and lubed it, how hard is it supposed to be to rack slide? I need two hands. maybe im just getting old.- stan

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
valkyrie

got it to rack pretty good, you have to snap the handle at the beginning and it moves easy after that- stan

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
50bmg ammo cans

I really like the 30 round ammo cans from the early b17 bombers, I have a semi so thirty rounds is plenty at a time for shooting. it's nice because it can move with the gun.- stan

1 - 20 of 21 Posts