1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I recently got my "new" M2HB build back from JNC. I am not sure of a good way to store it when not in use and transport it safely. Is there a large padded bag/hardcase etc that fits it well. I have room for it, with the barrel removed, in my gun safe but still want a large padded carry case for it. Preferably a soft one that could fit into the safe. Thanks for any advice
J

·
BeltFed GURU
4,433 Posts
Doc ,
For "idle" storage pull the barrel and set it on the barrel support standing vertical .
As far as "soft Case " a moving blanket .

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the ideas. I may have to cover it up at all times when not in the safe. I have 6 yo and 10 yo boys who seem to find trouble.

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
...different idea...

My suggestion with all children...the younger the better...is to educate them about firearms and safety. My 3-kids...1-boy,2-girls ...were taught how to shoot and handle guns safely before they were 3 yrs. old. Since I was a cop and had guns all over the house,it was the most sensible thing to do. By age 10 they had their own guns...in their rooms. The agreement was that they could not touch or play with the firearms without a parent being present. And they followed it. There were never any problems...never. Same thing with grandchildren. Every one that reaches age 18 gets an Indiana Lifetime license-to-carry from their grandfather. Because they are already schooled in firearms safety and proper shooting skills. NEVER....ever,hide guns from your children. Show them proper safety and show them responsible actions are to be expected. Of course,there are some who should not be given this opportunity...but that is up to the parents and the mentality of their child.

Excuse the rant...I could not let the opportunity pass. I store my FA M2HB w/o the barrel and resting on the spades. There is a cover over it in my walk-in and it cannot be seen by casual observation. Barrel and full ammo can is in a closet close by.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
GatorDoc SEZ: ".... 6 yo and 10 yo boys who seem to find trouble."

Right you are; All 6 & 10 year olds will find trouble!
Covering it up, 'hiding' it in a closet and many other such questionable tactics will be defeated by 6 & 10 year olds!
My Dad had a lockbox in his dresser which was not too hard to pick the lock on with a paperclip.
Kids can and probably will find anything you don't want them to.

A safe or other secure way of avoiding this kind of deviousness is absolutely necessary !!!

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I agree about kids. However since we're talking about a Ma Deuce there's not a lot they can do with that even if they "uncover" it.

I'd store the receiver in your safe, sans barrel. Wrap it in a blankey or something similar and you should be good. The barrel can go in the corner. That's what I did with mine.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
guns

Len, I could not agree more, my dad was a police officer, and I am also a police officer and I was shown guns at a very early age and new to never play with or touch them without him there or I would never be able to ask to see them again when I was a kid, I knew where they were but did not play with them, just educate them and they will listen. Also thanks for the storage info as my semi M2HB will be sent off next month to get built. Thanks, Jerod

1 - 7 of 7 Posts