1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there such a thing as a storage case or box for an M3/M4 trainer conversion? If so, are there any pictures or sketches around? I have never seen or heard of one, but you never know.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've never seen one either or listed in the manuals. I keep mine in a M60 spare barrel bag. They must have come to the units in some type of crate or box.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I've never seen one either like to get one or make one also
I need a picture or if anybody has the canvas bag that catch your spent cartridges

·
Registered
735 Posts
I keep my parts in a re-purposed oerlikon spare parts chest. Just cut some foam to keep all the parts in place. Will get a pic of it later

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
I have never seen one either. I usually put the barrel assembly into a spare barrel case and the bolt assembly into a spare bolt case. If I am going to shoot the gun in .22LR, i will usually assemble/headspace the M3/M4 conversion kit to the gun before i go to the range. If the conversion is out of the gun I store the kit with the gun in its transit box.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
I've never seen one either like to get one or make one also
I need a picture or if anybody has the canvas bag that catch your spent cartridges
In order to use the metallic link bag for the M3/M4 conversion you will need the cartridge holder chute. The bag is the same one use for securing metallic links and cartridge cases in a tank. There are about 9 different versions, both with a zipper and the military quick release snaps. If you shop around they still can be found pretty cheaply.

·
Premium Member
7,356 Posts
The original units were shipped in a cardboard box and somewhere on my laptop, I have pictures of a NOS unit in the box. I will try to find them and post them here but they may be on my old laptop. To the best of my knowledge, there was never a storage case for them other than the box they were shipped in.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys for all the information. It looks like I'll need to get creative and think outside the box. I'll come up with something. Have no fear.

·
Registered
735 Posts
The M6 tool chest is listed in the SNL Manual for the conversion so that might be what was supposed to be used to store the belts and parts when not installed. It’s a fairly big box so it would fit quite a bit

·
Premium Member
7,356 Posts
That actually looks like a very nice fit for the kit (y) I doubt the barrel will fit in the M6 chest but I am certainly going to check today just because I am curious now.

·
Registered
735 Posts
It says in the tm that it’s the chest without tray so the barrel may fit corner to corner without the tray in place. Never actually put mine in to see how it fit

·
Premium Member
7,356 Posts
It says in the tm that it’s the chest without tray so the barrel may fit corner to corner without the tray in place. Never actually put mine in to see how it fit
I have to try now that you posted that lol so I will report back here shortly.

·
Registered
325 Posts
In order to use the metallic link bag for the M3/M4 conversion you will need the cartridge holder chute. The bag is the same one use for securing metallic links and cartridge cases in a tank. There are about 9 different versions, both with a zipper and the military quick release snaps. If you shop around they still can be found pretty cheaply.
Okay I can understand that but how do you connect the bag to the shute

·
Premium Member
7,356 Posts
OK the barrel with the components on it will not fit the M6 tool chest even without the tray in place so I would make a box or go with Thompsongunn's idea using the 20mm spare parts box which looks very nice.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts