1919 A4 Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,378 Posts
Thanks for posting that Frank I was literally just setting mine up to take a picture for CLM so you saved me some work. You have the same setup that I do and it works great for catching all the cartridge holders.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I believe I have discovered a near perfect storage/transit case for my M3 conversion. It is solidly constructed, works extremely well, has that classic USGI look, is readily available, and is inexpensive. It isn't period correct, but that's the way it goes.

The case is a Vietnam era US Military Field Radio Antenna Bag CW-206/GR, NSN:5895-00-200-2329. I found the one pictured on eGhey for $15. Not too shabby.

Here are some pictures of how I will be using mine:

(notice the shoulder carry strap)

(you could easily carry two barrels with this baby)

(the topmost area holds my barrel)

(contents within leftmost storage pouch)

(center storage pouch contents)

(the Crown Royal bag holds my spare cartridge adapters and spring clips while the cleaning stuff goes into a plastic bag)

(contents of the rightmost storage pouch)

·
Premium Member
7,378 Posts
Dan, I like it and that's a great use for that bag (y) I have a spare bag like that for my jeep flags and antenna sections but one may get repurposed just for the trainer.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Hmmm, just how many of us have working 22 trainer setups?

·
Premium Member
7,378 Posts
Hmmm, just how many of us have working 22 trainer setups?
I am not sure about working but I know of a couple of dozen guys on the board that have them. I have two for the twins and one for the 1917A1 and the M5 for the ANM2 so put me down for fiur. All I have for the M1 is the wood ammo box and a NOS cloth belt but maybe someday?

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
I have a M3 and M4 setup. I have also prototyped a C5A1 and M37 .22LR kits. I can also use the M4 kit on my M1919A6 with the barrel jacket extension.

·
Premium Member
7,378 Posts
I have a M3 and M4 setup. I have also prototyped a C5A1 and M37 .22LR kits. I can also use the M4 kit on my M1919A6 with the barrel jacket extension.
Frank someday we will have to compare notes as I do have a 1919A6 conversion which was a prototype but I have never played with it and to be honest I had forgotten about it until your post.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Russ-- My M1919A6 uses the M4 subcaliber kit. The US military made an extension that fits onto the M1919A6 barrel jacket where the front end of the M4 fits into. Unfortunately you cannot use the bipod. I have worked out the use of a M1919A6 .22LR conversion using a modified M1919A6 blank adapter and newly designed barrel nut so the bipod can be used. But I stopped working on that for other projects and found that the Israeli bipod on the M1919A4 with M4 kit works just as well. Or I can slip on the Israeli bipod on to the M1919A6 barrel jacket with the A6 jacket extension and M4 kit. I have attached a photo of the M1919A6 jacket extension for your pleasure. I borrows the image from BMG parts as they may still have them in stock.

Rim Composite material Auto part Automotive tire Metal

21 - 30 of 30 Posts