1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok trying to take apart the fun for cleaning and lubing, and I’m stuck on the first step lol
Seems I can’t get the back plate with the grip off.
mind you this is the m37 version.
I pushed the “safety lever” to the right and then the thumb grip down andthe plate won’t slide up and out. Seems to be stuck in place.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,161 Posts
You have the procedure right. Sometimes a back plate just fits tight. Have you tried tapping it up with a plastic mallet, deadblow hammer or the like? Might just need a little help.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just sprayed some lube on top of the guides on both sides will let it sit for awhile and try tapping it with rubber hammer.
best way to do it is flip gun upside down and tap from bottom of plate?

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,161 Posts
I don't usually invert the gun, just because I don't want to accidentally drop the back plate. I deal with this when fitting a back plate on my 1917/1919 builds, as sometimes they are too tight to start with. If you can just tap it from underneath, try that first. Invert if you find you have to. But as long as you have the lock to the right and the latch all the way down, as in your picture, there should not be anything else holding it in but a snug fit. Hopefully!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Sometimes I require a pretty firm depression of the lever before it will lift out, maybe a little bit of wiggling involved as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts