1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I may post this gun for sale on this site in the near future.I need your help with a price for this gun.It was built by Allied Armament.I have never fired it,I have owned it for 7 years,it is a semi M 37,looks to have been built with new parts.Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Can't help you with a price but it sure looks nice.
I'm sure someone with more knowledge than me will come along (they always do :eek:) and have an idea of what it is worth.
Good luck with the sale if you do decide to sell it.
CaptMax

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
Well, those AA guns- like the ones that later came from TNW- were built on the kits put together by forum member mondragoon. They use a mix of original and new made parts. I think there were 15-18 components where new ones had to be made. Among those would be the bottom plate, trunnion, possibly the top plate, the belt holding pawl brackets, booster, etc. Of course, both side plates as well. They were nice kits, and I have one I am building right now for a customer.

If I were to assemble an M37 kit now, considering how hard to find most of the parts are, it would not go cheap. I would think you will want to ask in the $4k-$5k range. If anyone wants to try to piecing a kit together these days, you are going to be on a long hunt and paying some money for the more rare parts... if you can find them. I have the makings of another kit, which I will build some day and offer for sale. So that's my input on value.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
M 37

Thanks Lucky for the info,I will set a price and try to sell after the holidays,let shipping settle down you are always a great help on this site.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Very nice looking gun you have there Razorback.
I know a guy here that may have a m37 bolt and barrel extention for a M37. He was trying to sell it at the gun show.
Good taste in chainsaws also.

Steamer

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
I'll just toss this out there.

Picked up my m37 about this time last year.....2800$

It was missing a few "correct" items which set me back another 300 ish.

I felt pretty good about this deal @ the time and still do....There not going to go down anytime soon or ever.

Lucky is correct.....Trying to assemble a kit from scratch is near impossible.

Many parts are readily avl. ..The important ones are Not avl. anywhere.

Its not a matter of co$t...the parts just aren't out there.

Theres been a FA transferable on GB for some time @ 15K

Somewhere from the mid to high 3's on up to what the market will bear for a semi ..... condition/build /correctness....all reflects $$

Thats a Great looking gun....somewhere in the $4k ish on up neighborhood seems right.

I still need a M37 extracter if one is avl. out there:help:

Mine came with a standard 1919 unit soo No right side feed yet..damit.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
I know a guy here that may have a m37 bolt and barrel extention for a M37. He was trying to sell it at the gun show.

Steamer
steamer, one of the guys here is looking for an M37 bolt. Let me know if you buddy still has it available and I can connect the buyer to you. I'm sure we could work something on the BE, if he wants them to go together.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
M37

Steamer
Steamer one of the chainsaws was bought in 1964 in roseburg oregon in1964 and is still in good shape.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts