1919 A4 Forums banner

M53 loading problems

2K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  Sledge303 
#1 ·
I’m seeming to have a difficult time getting my M53 to chamber a round. Every time I rack it back the bolt gets stuck in the rear and the round will not chamber. Not exactly sure as to what is causing this issue.

See less See more
#3 ·
If you look under the gun where the bolt and the charging handle contact each other you'll see that the bolt has a steel bar welded to the bottom it will be on the left side close to the charging handle . On the charging handle it will have a steel bar that is in contact with the bolts welded bar a lot of times when the gun is converted to semi and the bolt is converted the bolt and the charging handle will jam at the end of the travel when you pull the charging handle to the rear. The charging handle will start to move away from the bolt and jam the two together ,the way to fix it is to ad some weld to both surfaces so they will have more contact and will be less prone to jamming. I built a M53 and had that same problem and thats how I fixed it.

#5 ·
Mitch has a wiselite semi and we all know they have been known to have issues. Mitch I have those two springs set aside for you and will be in the shop all day so feel free to call if you need help with this.

Reactions: Mitchell01
#8 ·
Ditch the drum

Are you loading per instructions? The semi and full are not the same.

Are you aligning the guide rail and lug on the bolt? Failure to do so results in what you report.

What happens without ammo?

Does the bolt slide freely when you tilt the gun up and down?
I watched Wiselites video on how to load it. The guide rod is also aligned with the bolt when closing. Whenever I do it without ammo the bolt does not slide freely. From hearing other people’s stories it sounds like wiselites just do a thing of their own haha.

#14 ·
Did you check the bolt and charging handle relationship ? With no ammo in the gun you should be able to rack the bolt all the way to the rear and let the charging handle and the bolt go . It should fly forward and the bolt should lock into the barrel extension.One more thing you can look at is the bar that is welded to the bolt somtimes hits the FCG ,take the grip,FCG, off and try racking the slid back and see if that helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.