1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I have a 1919a4, 7.62 x 51 with a 308 booster on it. I have a crank on it as well and can achieve almost maximum efficiency. I would like to swap out the booster and put on a M6 flash hider. I know that you do not have to modify the .30-06 M6 flash hider to make it work on a .308 1919. However, when using a crank, the flash hider has been known to make the gun not function as well at that maximum speed. I know one way is to install a bushing in the flash hider going from .721 down to .531, converting it essentially to a .308. I do not have the machinery to install the bushing. I have the M6 flash hider, new old sock, that I bought from Numrich a few years ago. I can pay for shipping both ways and for the service. If anyone knows who can help me, would be much appreciated. I've been itching to put this on for a few years now, like the look of it better than the booster alone and like the idea of suppressing the flash a little bit too. Thanks a bunch - Joe

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I can do it for you. Send me a PM.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hello everyone. I have a 1919a4, 7.62 x 51 with a 308 booster on it. I have a crank on it as well and can achieve almost maximum efficiency. I would like to swap out the booster and put on a M6 flash hider. I know that you do not have to modify the .30-06 M6 flash hider to make it work on a .308 1919. However, when using a crank, the flash hider has been known to make the gun not function as well at that maximum speed. I know one way is to install a bushing in the flash hider going from .721 down to .531, converting it essentially to a .308. I do not have the machinery to install the bushing. I have the M6 flash hider, new old sock, that I bought from Numrich a few years ago. I can pay for shipping both ways and for the service. If anyone knows who can help me, would be much appreciated. I've been itching to put this on for a few years now, like the look of it better than the booster alone and like the idea of suppressing the flash a little bit too. Thanks a bunch - Joe
Joe, are you the same gentleman who had asked about this via e-mail, a couple of weeks or so back? If so, glad to see we have someone here to do that. I don't have the lathe here and set up yet, and my other source for that kind of work is just not available yet. I can certainly tell you that PKw VI Tiger1 is a long standing member of this forum, and can certainly be vouched for here. Sorry I did not get back to you sooner.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Joe, are you the same gentleman who had asked about this via e-mail, a couple of weeks or so back? If so, glad to see we have someone here to do that. I don't have the lathe here and set up yet, and my other source for that kind of work is just not available yet. I can certainly tell you that PKw VI Tiger1 is a long standing member of this forum, and can certainly be vouched for here. Sorry I did not get back to you sooner.
Yes sir, I am the same person, I contacted PKw VI Tiger1 and he is going to take care of it for me. thanks for all your help and hope your doing well with Crankfire Systems

1 - 5 of 5 Posts