1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I'm doing a M60 build I've a lot parts I've collected over the years here and there Also I'm lucky To own a E3 semi version that someone else built, so I'm not sure on the build process and all the semi parts JRW v desert auto set up

I'm looking for a set of semi Receiver Rails bottom and both sides

Also Looking for a 100% trunnion

I've a 90 trunnion and some not fully machine receiver rails so if someone has the machine skills I would like to hire you to finish these parts

Thanks all for your knowledge on this subject any and all leads or suggestions are much appreciated

Cheers and beers Will

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
The desert ordnance design I believe is the same as the U.S. Ordnance design.
From my understanding the JRW Design and either of the Desert Ord. or U.S. Ord. design are not interchangeable as the U.S. ordnance design moved the internal secondary sear farther back.
I once talked to the owner of Desert Ord. at the SAR show many , many years ago about having an original JRW receiver converted into a U.S. Ord design and it would require starting over from scratch.
So you need to figure out which design you want to try and build and stick with it.
To my knowledge there is no diagrams or build tutorial related to the U.S. Ord. design so you are pretty much stuck with the JRW design.
The S/A JRW bottom rail is nothing more then a F/A rail with no cut out for the sear to stick up through. So you could basically just use a F/A bottom rail and either block off the oval slot in the bottom or leave it.
The S/A channel will not have a slot cut in it so you will never see it from the outside with the trigger pack removed.
The right rail is the same the only difference is in the left rail.

I would build a dummy gun using your 90% trunnion and concentrate on finding a 100% trunnion.
From my understanding some special tooling and jigs were required to hold the trunnion in order to completely finish it and depending upon what part of it needs to be completed it needs to be chucked back up and some form of reference or index point needs to be set in order to complete the darn thing I believe it also requires a 4th and possibly 5th axis point. So trying to set a start point on an already partially machined part might be tricky.

I have to ask if you already have an E3 version that works why do you want another .
GW

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hahahaa geroge you are a wise man , why would I need another 60 when as you point out I already have one ? Well a wise man like yourself would sell these parts once they found said rifle. That is what I should do but I have a problem.
Part of me is yes sell these now surplus parts, the other part me is are you crazy finish the build .

my name is will and I have a problem

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Your not alone.
I have multiples as well.
I started building one then ended up buying an original. It's been a chore getting it to run right.
The JRW design seemed problematic and well lets just say that from those I've talked too that were past owners as well as from my own personal experience without speaking bad of JRW I think his original's required a lot of finessing and tweaking . And I don't think he built 2 that were alike. Before he passed I believe he made less then 20 of them.
I thought 1919's were bad.
Hope you don't get the HK-21 sickness. I heard it's as bad as the 60 sickness but with a bigger rash and a pain in your wallet
GW

1 - 4 of 4 Posts