1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Master Window Licker
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Theres a guy on ARFCOM that says he has shot 14 thousand rnds threw his RIA M60 E4 and has not ever, EVER had 1 (one) malfunction. I called BS on it. I told him if thats true the manufacturers would of used it as a sales pitch and hed be to U.S. Ordnance what Jared is to Subway, and be rich. Does this sound beleivable? I am willing to bet everything not.

·
Rangemaster
2,503 Posts
Nothing is impossible, but I'd have to say that it is HIGHLY unbelievable. Without seeing it with my own eyes....:cool:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Did he say he shot all 14k rounds at once with out one jam? or over a period of years? If over a long period of time, I can believe that if it's well taken care of after every use, it could be possible..... but realistically, not likely not having ONE jam.

·
Registered
118 Posts
There is a vid somewhere of a 10k rd sustained fire session with an M60, but it is the newest variant from... name slips mind... it was on the old board for a while.

576 Posts
If we are thinking of the same video, it was not 10,000 rounds it was 850rds.....8.5 belts. It was a US Ordnance Mk43E1 and it was shot at Black Water. The piece was put together by Armed Forced Journal. I have the video somewhere.....one pull of the trigger, a minute and 45 seconds of continous fire. The barrel is stated as good for 15,000 rounds before needing to be changed.

·
Master Window Licker
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
14K over a period of yrs, not one burst. I just dont see it out of a 60.

·
Watercooled Addict
2,082 Posts
I would be willing to take some of that action. I have been around a lot of 60's and dont think it is possible unless he shot it over a period of many years and pulled the trigger 14k times on a hand chambered round. Of course people have lived after hitting the ground when their chute did not open and that is pretty tough to believe also. I still think the odds of that are better than a 60 running 14k without stopping once.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
don't take anything you read on arfcom as true, or even correct......there are too many wannabe experts, children and blowhearts.

every firearm jams at least on one occasion or another.......and yes, even the AKs. so that never jammed in 14K rounds is BS.

·
Master Window Licker
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I really have no right to speak as i have never owned one nor shot one much but every time i do see one shoot its normally problematic. I attend many MG shoots and the people i see with them are fairly knowledgable people (Steve S would be proud of me, i just used 2 big edumacated words problematic and knowledgable) but they always have problems with the 60. Maybe U.S. Ordnance has made some dramatic changes and they are capable of this but i just cant see it out of a 60.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Believeable?...

...Not. (ten character rule.)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts