1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this tripod up on another forum recently. It is in very good condition with just a few dings in the azimuth ring. It is the base only, no cradle. It's something I've never seen for sale before and decided to snatch it up when I saw it. I had another member of that forum contact me today who claims to have the correct cradle, but no base and wants to purchase it from me. I had originally thought I would put an extension on it and use it for a stand up tripod for my 1919, vickers, ect. but would be willing to part with it. Here's the question... What's it worth? As I said, I've never seen another for sale and have zero idea on a fair price. Thanks, Trent Camera accessory Tripod Cameras & optics Floor Laminate flooring Camera accessory Tripod Cameras & optics Floor Tool Camera accessory Tripod Cameras & optics Floor Laminate flooring Camera accessory Tripod Cameras & optics Floor Tool

·
Registered
7,251 Posts
...some on GB...

There are/were a couple M74's on GB (gunbroker.com) being sold as complete. The cradle portion is the buffered style and is the most expensive part of the M74 tripod. The leg assembly would most likely be worth $450-$750...but the cradle assembly is worth much more. The complete M74 is worth/asking price....$2995-$3500...depending on condition. There are others who have more experience with the M74 tripods....I'm just repeating what values I've seen recently.

Note: The MK16 naval tripod is heavier,more robust,has an armor shield and a similar buffered/shock absorber cradle assembly made for the M2HB. Got one in a local museum for a .50 display.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts