1919 A4 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious, has anyone tried to manufacture new cloth belts? It seems the supplies of surplus belts are drying up, the ability to make one's own may be a prudent idea.

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
IMA is having the 100 round belts made somewhere, I have had reasonably good results with them others have not.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
No one has done any commercially, so far as I know. The correct fabric has to be made, for starters, if one wants to do it right. It's complicated. Also, there does not seem to be a shortage of original belts that I know of. I see plenty at Knob Creek, for example. But there may be no mainline vendor you can go to, it's more a gun show thing. They are on e-Bay and/or gunbroker from time to time as well.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, it might be something I'll try to give a bit of doing, see if I can get close with available components.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I still have a good supply of cloth belts to sell if you need them. Can do quantity as well, just need a little lead time.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I'm going to put this on my "when I get time..." list and see if there's some reasonable way to build them up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.