1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is another excerpt from volume one of "Historical Record, Artillery Vehicle Department, 1939-1942" detailing some manufacturing information at Rock Island Arsenal. This excerpt tells a month by month tally of BMG manufactured from July of 1939 to Oct of 1942. I find it interesting that the tally doesn't start until Oct 1941 eventhough it was to start July 1939.

Also, if you look close at the top of the page you can see the end of the tally for .30 and .50 cal metallic belt links. That is a lot of belt links!

Gatekeeper

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yep, losing my mind...but finding Detroit Arsenal drawings.

Apparently I had already posted this in a thread in 2013. This is what happens when I have information overload. I can't remember what I have shared and what I haven't. Yesterday I came across drawings that were done for Detriot Arsenal. No cross reference for drawing numbers, just reels and reels of Detroit Arsenal drawings. M4 Tanks, recovery vehicles, half track vehicles. So much stuff. I'm beginning to think I will never get through all of these drawings to see what I actually have.

Gatekeeper

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Its not the destination but the journey Jodie. Keep up the good work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts