1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
I hope it is a go, already started linking up cans of ammo. Hope the vaccine helps get this under control soon enough.

·
Registered
158 Posts
You do realize the vaccine does not prevent you from getting the virus, right ?
Absolutely, I am not suggesting that any of the COVID vaccines offer "sterilizing immunity" - very few do. The data suggests that there can be a point/period of time to which the vaccinated (I only reviewed Pfizer) may benefit from such an effect - this should be more apparent after millions of doses distributed/used. I am suggesting that when saturated into a population the vaccine will prevent significant cases of symptomatic disease progression, hospitalization, and death. The numbers in the study I read (Pfizer) look pretty convincing. I'm looking forward to a time when my State is not in the "Top Ten".

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Ok - just wanted to make sure are operating on the same page - Issues we see here is not mask wear, but basic hand washing and distancing. People think a flimsy mask hanging off their chin is all they have to do. I hear all the time how " oh we can ditch the mask and go party once we get vaccinated" . I hope we can ge the shoot going - I have wanted to come out for the shoot for years, and would love to come out this spring - Meet and visit with Mike and all the others who make it -

·
Registered
850 Posts
Without going to the website. I remember something like to have person be able to shoot from a rented pad it was like $125. I'm still a couple years away from a beltfed if I can even do it in two years because of politics.

I have an AR-18 I would like to take to the big Sandy. I don't want to pay the full price to rent a space just to shoot a magazine fed gun. Anybody want to adopt me or let me hang out at your rented sight. I have a rooftop tent and want to camp and have fun. I live in Goodyear Az. It's a couple hours away. I will of course pay for the fees.

If my M3A1 Scout Car doesn't sell by than I might be able to be talked into driving it so you can shoot your BMG off of it. Of course I would like to shoot a couple of belts. I would pay for bullets.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Without going to the website. I remember something like to have person be able to shoot from a rented pad it was like $125. I'm still a couple years away from a beltfed if I can even do it in two years because of politics.

I have an AR-18 I would like to take to the big Sandy. I don't want to pay the full price to rent a space just to shoot a magazine fed gun. Anybody want to adopt me or let me hang out at your rented sight. I have a rooftop tent and want to camp and have fun. I live in Goodyear Az. It's a couple hours away. I will of course pay for the fees.

If my M3A1 Scout Car doesn't sell by than I might be able to be talked into driving it so you can shoot your BMG off of it. Of course I would like to shoot a couple of belts. I would pay for bullets.

It's $300 for each shooter even if you share a spot. I'll be in Maricopa in March and might have room for you to tag along it will depend if the Wife goes.
Greg

·
Registered
850 Posts
Ok. I thought it was cheaper but I do want to hang out and shoot. I'm ok with the price. If you go and it works out. Ammo prices these days I probably wont shoot to much or be in the way.

Craig

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Ok. I thought it was cheaper but I do want to hang out and shoot. I'm ok with the price. If you go and it works out. Ammo prices these days I probably wont shoot to much or be in the way.

Craig

Sounds Good I'm going for sure all paid up since last spring won't be shooting as much as normal I don't want to burn up all my ammo if I can't replace it. Just give me a shout when we get closer.

Greg

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
It's $300 for each shooter even if you share a spot. I'll be in Maricopa in March and might have room for you to tag along it will depend if the Wife goes.
Greg
$300 , wow wee....That will weed out the misfits like me....You know , The semi auto guy that takes up valuable FA shooting spots 😁

·
11,839 Posts
$300 , wow wee....That will weed out the misfits like me....You know , The semi auto guy that takes up valuable FA shooting spots 😁
eh but you are a valued position. you offer labor and always there to help clean up the brass

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
The first year I went I was just a spectator, went to meet up with AZ Beagle. After watching I new I had to shoot. The first year I shot I had all semi-autos it was fine they were all machine guns and mostly beltfed. Then I really got the bug and went out and got my 07/02.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts

Isn't that your White Scout Car currently listed on E-Bay?
The one pictured looked familiar.

Richard

·
Registered
850 Posts
Yes that's it. Wasn't supposed to be a buy it now but I screwed up. It's probably the most affordable one I've seen for sale online but it is a lot of money.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Need some suggestions/help on accommodations. So there will be 3 of us driving down from CO and I'm having a hard time finding a trailer to rent close by. Can't get anyone to respond to me from the personal rv rental websites. We have a F350 with a 5th wheel hitch and obviously don't want to pull a trailer from CO if we don't want have to.

Anyone have any ideas on something closer and not completely out of the way? We could stay in Kingman but still need a place to get out of the sun during the day. Would prefer to stay on site so we don't miss the after hours festivities.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Rory. $300 is not pocket change. But sitting at home doing nothing in Arizona. No open air malls, no concerts sucks.

For $300 you get three days and nights. During the night time there are RC planes flying and you get to try and shoot them down. Free camping in the desert. Explosive targets if you get lucky to hit them. cost to go to a state park. 1/2 the price but not as fun.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts