1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this many years ago. When I first got it, The guy I snagged it from would have to thump the stock on the ground to get a fresh round to drop where it could feed.
A new tube mag. spring from Numrich cured that.

I'm not a lever gun guy, so really not up to snuff on 'what does what' inside.
I'm guessing this is a very simple thing to diagnose and fix by someone familiar with this type of gun.
The problem is somewhat intermittent. More often than not, though.
Many parts are still available from Numrich, thankfully.
Here goes;
Open the cocking lever fully forward, so far, so good.
Try to close the lever, and it usually locks up with almost no rearward travel at all. It won't budge.

Here's the odd, and likely easy (for some) to diagnose part.

Turn the rifle with the muzzle pointing straight up,release rearward pressure on the lever and something inside lets go, and it loads and closes EVERY TIME.

Keep it horizontal in a normal use position, it locks up halfway again.
Point it skyward and it opens, loads and closes.

It does this with the lever halfway, or starting from fully closed. As long as the barrel is vertical, it functions just fine. If horizontal, (like any normal arm) it wads up inside after the lever fully opens.

This would be fine for a tiny anti-aircraft gun, but no real help for me. :D

Suggestions from the experts, please??
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
I would check the internal parts to see if any play or tired springs. Sounds like something is not where it is suppossed to be unless its upright.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would check the internal parts to see if any play or tired springs. Sounds like something is not where it is suppossed to be unless its upright.
Yeah, I pretty much checked all that stuff over as well as I could. I was kinda hoping it would be something obvious to the 'right gun nut'. :tongue:
Thanks guys. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts