1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would any one know where to locate a extractor??? Or someone to mill a new one,,, While I was at the ''creek'' Sat & Sun i met a few folks said they could,,, Anyone know the reputation of --------''SPENCE -GUNSMITHING'''?? Dayton Ohio..?? Thanks any info would be helpful ,,,

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
I suggest you contact Kurt Wolfe, Ordnance Research in Denver, PA: 717-336-7225.
Kurt has the large quantity of Marlin digger parts that are part of Kent Lomon's estate and if I recall there are extractor in that lot.

Bob Naess

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Bob ,, Im shure u don't remember me,, bought a part off u years back,,thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Would any one know where to locate a extractor??? Or someone to mill a new one,,, While I was at the ''creek'' Sat & Sun i met a few folks said they could,,, Anyone know the reputation of --------''SPENCE -GUNSMITHING'''?? Dayton Ohio..?? Thanks any info would be helpful ,,,

I have experience with Spence Gunsmithing. He assembled a PKT kit for me on a Vltor receiver. He mangled the receiver! He altered parts of the gun to try to account for his incorrect location of holes added. Most the rivets are barely holding. Some don't even meet the receiver and other don't even have a head on the bucked side. I wouldn't even test fire the gun. I asked for a refund on the build and said I would just eat the mangled $1000 receiver and hundreds of dollars in parts if he would provide that. He refused even just the build refund... I wish I could post pics of just how bad this gun is. He talks a big game but his work is something totally different... I just picked this gun up this past Monday. If you are on the weapons guild I have picture posted there. http://www.weaponsguild.com/forum/index.php?topic=57513.0

He uses the name longrange08 on gun boards.

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
I looked through the thread previously, DO NOT LET THAT PERSON TOUCH YOUR PARTS. Around the rivets the sheet metal is depressed inward because reciever not properly bucked. Reciever also looks crinkled/creased, without knowing it was a new reciever I had thought it might have been a poorly cleaned up reweld until I realized they had actually screwed up what had been a new reciever. The whole build looks like an 18 year old with Daddys tools and zero mechanical experience did it. I think my 11year old daughter with my supervision might have done better.

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks

Thanks Shure don't want to waste any hard to find parts let alone money!! Thanks

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
No worries, those digger parts are too challenging to find to let some amatuer monkey them up.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I have experience with Spence Gunsmithing. He assembled a PKT kit for me on a Vltor receiver. He mangled the receiver! He altered parts of the gun to try to account for his incorrect location of holes added. Most the rivets are barely holding. Some don't even meet the receiver and other don't even have a head on the bucked side. I wouldn't even test fire the gun. I asked for a refund on the build and said I would just eat the mangled $1000 receiver and hundreds of dollars in parts if he would provide that. He refused even just the build refund... I wish I could post pics of just how bad this gun is. He talks a big game but his work is something totally different... I just picked this gun up this past Monday. If you are on the weapons guild I have picture posted there. http://www.weaponsguild.com/forum/index.php?topic=57513.0

He uses the name longrange08 on gun boards.
Jesus. That PK receiver. I'm lost. How in the world did he do that? And then to let it out of the door?

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
About where was this guy setup?

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
set up ???

He wasn't set up ,I was talking to kirt wolf at his spot about some items ,And this gentleman must have been listing ,, Handed me a card and said he could make what ever I need,, kind of felt funny about the whole thing,, glad I asked ,, thanks to all of you,, for the info..

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
He wasn't set up ,I was talking to kirt wolf at his spot about some items ,And this gentleman must have been listing ,, Handed me a card and said he could make what ever I need,, kind of felt funny about the whole thing,, glad I asked ,, thanks to all of you,, for the info..
Thanks. I know Kurt, he visits our table fairly often during the shoot.

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
????

Ya he is a nice guy, been trying to get him at the shop by phone, no luck just sent a e-mail today on some items I need,, figured he would be back on top of things by now sense the shoot,,

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Randy

I'm the parts guy at Ordnance Research and yes, we do have extractors. I have received an inquiry from the secretary just this past Friday. I'll be addressing it Mon. night when I return to work. You should hopefully hear from our secretary Tues. but from what I've gotten, it sounds like you're looking for a mostly complete bolt, which we also have

Thanks
Rob

·
Registered
3 Posts
burned

Old thread, but I just wanted to add that I too was burned by "Spence Gunsmithing". Installed a '03 barrel, didn't time it properly (how hard is it to line up the marks?) then refused to make it right after I called him on it. Stay far, far away!
If you're unhappy with whatever work I did come and see me about it.If I messed it up I've never refused to make anything right. As for the guy with the pkm. This was a unique build that even the manufacturer of the receiver wont do. It required extensive modification to work. This guys insisted we put it together to fire when I told him it wasn't ready. Then he insisted that I let him take it home for "pictures" without paying for it. When I told him it had to be paid for before it left the shop he tried to threaten to sue me for extortion!!! Where I come from you pay for something before you take it home. Then he threatened to sue me if I didn't give him his money back right away. Surprise surprise he vanished. If he thought he was in the right and not a scammer I suspect he would have taken me up on my offer to meet him in court.I will give no more thought to this coward, and scammer.

As for the guy with the 03 barrel if you're unhappy come back in and I will replace your barrel. However if I have 2 unhappy customers out of 10,000 I shouldn't complain.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts