1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning Gents,

The Parts Kit I am getting is in pretty good condition with what Id gues as about 85% original finish. Just enough of that used look that I like. Any ideas on how I could park the RSP to match, any trade secrets one of you would like to divulge? I really want a blued one too, but Im saving that for my next one!!! Yes these are in fact addiciting!!!!!

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
>The Parts Kit I am getting is in pretty good condition with what Id gues as about 85% original finish. Just enough of that used look that I like. Any ideas on how I could park the RSP to match, any trade secrets one of you would like to divulge? I really want a blued one too, but Im saving that for my next one!!! Yes these are in fact addiciting!!!!!<

Since the aged look is just a chemical reaction between the park and hydrocarbons, a trick I have used to age park is to put a film of oil or equivalent on the part and bake it for a while. A couple hundred degrees slowly ramped darkens the park, but not hot enough to ignite the oil. It can be smoky, so make sure the wife is gone to visit the inlaws for a few days and leave windows open if you have to do it in the kitchen....

Bob Naess

1 - 2 of 2 Posts