1919 A4 Forums banner

Maxim 1910 headspacing question

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  waterdawg 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if the headspace washer(s) for a Vickers will work in a Maxim 1910?

#4 ·
Dennis - I don't need any just yet - I was asking so I could lay in some before you shipped me the 1910 you built for me. I don't have any for a Maxim, but I have a few of the the .003's and a few of the .005's for a vickers. i read a post (one of yours or perhap's from Mr. Naess) that said variations in 7.62x54 ammo could require adjustment in the headspace and to be sure to check headspace when switching makes of ammo and barrels. I have laid in a lot of 7.62x54 over the past 10 years but it is a hodge-podge of various years and country's and bullet weights. I figured I would lay in spacers some in advance - the old better-to-have-them-and-not-need-them-than-to- need-them-and-not-have-them thing. I did not know you were a possible source for them. Since Bob says I can "message" the vickers spacers to work if need be, I'll sit tight until I have the weapon and know what I need, knowing I can use the Vickers spacers in a pinch. Once it arrives I can try a few different types 7.62x54 and see what needs adjustment and what doesn't. My thanks to both of you for taking the time to respond.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.