1919 A4 Forums banner

101 - 120 of 161 Posts

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Screw in water jacket plugs

Yes super items. It would be great to get the dimensions of original 08/15 wooden pieces. AND for that matter the 08 equivalents which were squarer?
Mark

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
My Phone camera is now takes weblocked pics due to WiFi and I can't send any pics anywhere due to that. I took a pic of the iPhone pic of the handles that went to my computer from the phone so it has deteriorated a bit in legibility I have also included an old pic of a single handle.
Matt will recognize these handles as the handle in his pic on his gun's plug is the one I sent to him years ago. I also gave a few to another friend who had three 08/15s. He might have offered them for sale or given them away. I don't know. when he got them he said they'll just get broken if he uses them.
Anyway these are beautifully done and several of them have very faint small odd stamp impressions that look like a crown with some letters.
FWIW
Bob, I did not remember getting them from you but its been years, I must have forgot. Maybe I bought from your friend? I think I bought 3 at the time.

I put the one on my gun and its been no issues for me. I try my best not to bash it into things! :) I sold two if I remember to a guy from TN or KY... anyway he was going through a divorce at the time and his wife smashed them I think. He wanted to know if I had more.

So you think these are original? That sounds great for me and horrible for the ones that got smashed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wtb

My Phone camera is now takes weblocked pics due to WiFi and I can't send any pics anywhere due to that. I took a pic of the iPhone pic of the handles that went to my computer from the phone so it has deteriorated a bit in legibility I have also included an old pic of a single handle.
Matt will recognize these handles as the handle in his pic on his gun's plug is the one I sent to him years ago. I also gave a few to another friend who had three 08/15s. He might have offered them for sale or given them away. I don't know. when he got them he said they'll just get broken if he uses them.
Anyway these are beautifully done and several of them have very faint small odd stamp impressions that look like a crown with some letters.
FWIW

Hello I have a really nice Maxim 08-15 that is missing the handle do you have any for sale? If so please tell me what you would need for it. If not do you know someone that has one for sale.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Do you mean the water jacket screw in plugs?
Mark

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Water Jacket plugs

M101bert understood. Me too!!! :) Both an 08/15 example and an MG08 one.
Mark

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
0815 (30).jpg
0815 (34).jpg
0815 (35).jpg

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
does anybody have these types of tools, and if so what are the markings and stamps on them ? thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Some images of those who fought to the end..
dwmimages (8).jpg

·
Registered
23 Posts
FWIW

Hello do you have any of these for sale? Thanks,

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Still awaiting some close up imagery please of the originals - 08 and 08/15 patterns.
Mark

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #115

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
A few more MG08 Gun team images:

DF (73).jpg
DF (74).jpg