1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a 1910 maxim kit that needs a RSP. What is the difference between the ones from MMC and Stenparts.com?

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
I picked up a 1910 maxim kit that needs a RSP. What is the difference between the ones from MMC and Stenparts.com?
Are you doing a semi auto? Post sample? Dummy gun?

MMC is the only approved semi auto sideplate.

Stenparts looks like a flat piece of steel. Only good for a Post sample if that.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It will be a post sample. MMC worked on my dshk and does nice work but if I can get away with a stenparts plate. That's more money for ammo

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
It will be a post sample. MMC worked on my dshk and does nice work but if I can get away with a stenparts plate. That's more money for ammo
Sorry, I have no idea of the quality of Stenparts.com.

"All Receiver Blanks Made With 4130 Seamless Chrome Moly Tubing." Maybe I don't know enough about the different steels... but I don't get that. I assume thats a hold over from the other tube gun page. So you don't know what the plates are made from.

Sometimes I wonder if places like this are really putting in the work to get the shape correct. Of if they are just turning out sometime to sell. That first time buyers will buy this thinking a Dummy gun or semi auto and wind up with an illegal gun. I know they state all NFA rules apply but a little description saves a lot of people a lot of issues. They do offer a lot of plates and they look fairly good.

If it were me, I would see if Dennis at MMC would make me a plate blank. You could send him your left plate and have him match it. Even the Russian's did not keep the exact same dimensions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts