1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
You guys ever stop for a minute and think maybe something is lost in translation? Seller is from Honk Kong....I mean you guys could get in touch with him, as Im sure you speak as much Chinese as he does English....

"Why y'all say thats one of them there A-salt cannons"

"Uh no, you buy, now?....Herro, herro?'

(Stereotypical southern american and chinese accents added for comedic value)

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Yeah, go ahead and list a dummy or miniature and see what you get. Every retard in the world skips the "1/6" and "dummy" and wants to know if they can convert it.

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Online buyers

It's funny how much those guys have to tell you so you know for sure it's not a real piece, it's bad enough ebay will try to throw your ad off but then people expect a real 1919 for $20!

·
Registered
283 Posts
So glad I don't play with dolls and have to look for crap like this anymore.

BTW......

If you took an Asian man and spun him round and round.....

Does he become...........

Disoriented???????????

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
toys

For years I modeled in HO scale,or worked on full size military vehicles, but now that things are falling apart or just don't work like they used too it's almost impossible to work in the tiny HO scale, and the full size stuff is just getting too darn heavy, plus my body doesn't fold up like it used to so driving most WW2 vehicles is becoming a problem, and now days they are making some really nice stuff in GI Joe scale, so I'm selling off the HO and starting on a large/small diorama, I still have the urge to build and create so this is my next step.
Of coarse it won't be anything on the scale that these guys are doing. http://www.vonabt.co.uk

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
For years I modeled in HO scale,or worked on full size military vehicles, but now that things are falling apart or just don't work like they used too it's almost impossible to work in the tiny HO scale, and the full size stuff is just getting too darn heavy, plus my body doesn't fold up like it used to so driving most WW2 vehicles is becoming a problem, and now days they are making some really nice stuff in GI Joe scale, so I'm selling off the HO and starting on a large/small diorama, I still have the urge to build and create so this is my next step.
Of coarse it won't be anything on the scale that these guys are doing. http://www.vonabt.co.uk
I did 1/35 armor for years. I was competition grade. Eventually I lost touch with it because I was spending SO much money on photo etched upgrades and paint. But I was BUILDING this stuff...

This 1/6 stuff is just weird. Men with dolls. Buy, pose, photograph. May as well be called GI Barbi. I understand having 1 or 2 collectible little toys for general amusement, but as a hobby?

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1/6th

Did you follow that link I posted, those guys take barbie dolls to a whole new level. For me it's not so much about the actual dolls,it's the scene in which you fit them,and of course the military vehicle that are so much better then GI Joe ever had.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
The Dora 80cm gun model was $800 when it first came on the market. Don't know what they go for now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts