1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
Anyone out there know where I can get metal links or cloth belts for a 1919a4 in 308 in Australia please? TIA

·
Registered
312 Posts
aussiepete said:
Hello all
Anyone out there know where I can get metal links or cloth belts for a 1919a4 in 308 in Australia please? TIA
Sorry I can't help you on that one. I'm surpised to hear that you can own such a horrific weapon in Australia. Please tell me what is happening in the outback these days. I'm sure everyone would like to know.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Beltfire said:
Sorry I can't help you on that one. I'm surpised to hear that you can own such a horrific weapon in Australia. Please tell me what is happening in the outback these days. I'm sure everyone would like to know.
Movie Armourers can sometimes get real guns like the M1919A4

Collectors Armoury has/had 250rd cloth belts for the 1919 a few years ago, but half of the ones I ordered (10) were more suited to 30-06sprg as they were really tight to load 7.62X51 (.308) in.

Go to www.collectorsarmoury.com.au and contact them to see if they have .308 belts.

I paid $7.50 each BTW :D

·
Registered
312 Posts
Aussie50 said:
Movie Armourers can sometimes get real guns like the M1919A4

Collectors Armoury has/had 250rd cloth belts for the 1919 a few years ago, but half of the ones I ordered (10) were more suited to 30-06sprg as they were really tight to load 7.62X51 (.308) in.

Go to www.collectorsarmoury.com.au and contact them to see if they have .308 belts.

I paid $7.50 each BTW :D
Here in the US you would be hard pressed to find a usable .308 belt for less than $25. Ohio Ordnance Works sells Israeli links for $70 per thousand. Are you allowed to ship them into your country? I'm assuming of course OOW would be willing to do an international delivery.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
my guess is that OOW is not going to do it. it's hard enough to keep up with the laws here in the US, let alone spend a bunch of time, energy researching other countries laws, all for just 70 bucks. they have a large customer base here, why are they going to risk their business for someone in a far away place?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Last I checked, links are classified as ammunition accessories and require an inport permit.

The only way I found it to be economically viable to go through the importation process is if it is for a lot of links, but I don't think too many people are after thousands of links just yet.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Well, I can tell you ONE thing that's happened in Australia: The REAL Crocodile Dundee (he was a REAL person) is DEAD, because he said "over my cold, dead body!" Think about it, do you want that to happen here, or anywhere else in the whole *** ****** world!?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Aussie50 said:
Last I checked, links are classified as ammunition accessories and require an inport permit.

The only way I found it to be economically viable to go through the importation process is if it is for a lot of links, but I don't think too many people are after thousands of links just yet.
I feel for you. Isn't it great to have government that looks after your safety.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts