1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the MG-3,, Will it accept only the DM-6 links or will it accept the M-13 links as well ? Or is there any other Disintegrating links other then the DM-6 it will accept? Thanks

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
With the MG-3,, Will it accept only the DM-6 links or will it accept the M-13 links as well ? Or is there any other Disintegrating links other then the DM-6 it will accept? Thanks
I use the M-13 links in my mg53 with the mg3 conversion they work great;)

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
???

I have the conversion,, and i use the dm-6 now,, i only have a 1000 round worth witch im sure you know is not much fun,, i have 10,000 m-13 links , just wasn't sure if they would damage the feed pawls or something???

·
Registered
132 Posts
The standard MG3 feed pawl will work both German belts and German DM6 links, but with M13 links the MG3 feed pawl needs to be the "0" type pawl. RTG sells both types.

If you already have the "0" type it will run all of the above, if not it could have issues with M13 links.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
?????

Yes that i knew ,, Both that i have ,,have the up to date and most recent top cover's both are "0" marked, so they will cycle M-13 links ?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yup, with the updated "0" feed pawl you are GTG with M13 links, DM6 links and DM1 belts, it can run them all.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
!!!

Yes ,, you are correct,, you need the updated feed-tray as well, current issue mg-3 will do,,

·
Registered
132 Posts
You can still run with the M13 links with the standard feed tray so far as I know. I have both marked and unmarked FT's and aside from the stamped "0" on the FT I can't tell the difference....but I just run in semi. Either that or my unmarked FT's are updated without markings. But the feed pawls do matter in my experience as my unmarked FP's will not run M13 links.

I've gone back to running DM-1 belts anyway because I got tired of picking up links...lol. I put a shell bag on it too for the same reason. The shell bags (yugo type) BTW require modification to work with semi grip sticks like BRP types I should add but are pretty slick once set up...nothing to pick up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts