1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
they are @ 199 for the loader and can be had with various extras at a good price. Lowest I have seen 8mm loaders for in the few years I have been paying attention.

www.e-sarcoinc.com

keyword search mg34 will get you there via accesories.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Just got mine and it looks pretty new (except for the wooden handle).

Pretty much identical to my WWII German version. These are copies of the earlier Gurtfuller 34, probably made on the same machinery as the German ones.

These are a steal at $200.

Tim

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
picked mine up this past weekend. kind of gooey, but looks new. Definitely a bargain.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
yes

I have not done it. But I'm sure they can. If your m-53 is 8mm.
8mm is 8mm and the same belt. I got a loader from Sarco also.

Later 42rocker

·
Registered
195 Posts
The belts for the M53 Yugo and the MG42 are the same. These belts will also fit the MG34. Of course I'm talking about 8mm (7.92x57) belts. They were manufactured in several different countries with the most common being the German WWII belts. The German WWII came in two different but interchangeable styles: 1) the early non-ribbed style and 2) the (not surprising!!!) late ribbed so called "low friction" style. There were several different variations of the ribbed style. Makes for interesting collecting. The early ones were date stamped as were some of the late style ones. All German WWII ones were waffenampt marked. I suggets getting Folke Myrvang's book on the MG34 and MG42, Universal German Machine Guns. He devotes a whole section to just belts.

I've got a few Yugo belts and they are functionally interchangeable but may be marked and manufactured a little different.

On all belts, the individual links are held together by a wire coil, probably of stainless material.

ALL of the 8mm belts (German and Yugo) will load properly in a Gurtfuller 34"coffee grinder" loader . This is the type that SARCO is selling and although they may be selling postwar Yugo mfg item it is identical except for markings.

There are also 7.62 NATO belts (DM-1) belts but those are a different matter. Robertrtg in Arizona and others are selling those belts. They are somewhat different but look very similar. They are made for the slightly fatter 7.62 casing.

OREO

1 - 8 of 8 Posts