1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a lead on a Mg34 kit with a live barrel, drum but no receiver.
what type of value these kits going for these days?

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
Depends on a lot of things like the year, is the kit matched or put together? We would need more info and pictures to determine a more accurate value.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I got a lead on a Mg34 kit with a live barrel, drum but no receiver.
what type of value these kits going for these days?
Really need to see the markings. If its an Israeli late model, no where near the value of early all German.
AND, is it complete? Easy reweld?

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Between $1,500 and $12,000.

It depends on parts manufacturer (particularly shroud), date, line-out or reserialized or original, and the parts on it. I've bought complete dummies and kits to strip one part, since these were often all mixed up along the way. Often, they are worth the sum of the parts, unless all matching.

Photos would be the easiest way.

If it has BSW or a "B" with circle I'll take it.

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
Nice looking kit but in your first post you said it had no receiver? with that receiver that is a game changer because it certainly adds value to it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah, he never mentioned it until the pics came over. he asking 2800 but I might counter

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
The stock on the blue bin cover looks synthetic, and the one in the other photo looks like wood. Well, which is it?

What you want to see is the markings on the rear of the shroud, top.

The top cover has zero collector value since it's been scrubbed.

It's all about markings! Shroud, bipod, etc.

This is starting to smell bad. Be careful about dishing out cash; based on what I can see (and can't) it's not $2800 or close.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks Abom
Its comes with two stocks. one wood and the other may be wood painted black
I;m waiting on pics of the shroud markings

·
Registered
2,082 Posts

DOT 1945 Hebrew marked no rec pieces went for $1125== unless its a early rare marked barrel shroud ( and I believe it is NOT because of the hole pattern) its not worth even close to $2800

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
good to know,
I believe Israel imported MG34s from the Czechs for their 1948 war of independence. But I wonder if they made Mg 34 in country?
anyway, I'm waiting for pics of the bbl shroud which can shed more light on the value

·
Registered
3,129 Posts

DOT 1945 Hebrew marked no rec pieces went for $1125== unless its a early rare marked barrel shroud ( and I believe it is NOT because of the hole pattern) its not worth even close to $2800
I was watching that auction. That price was a bargain and that kit should have sold in the 1500-1800 range.

The receiver the OP has shown pictures of is worth 500-800 bucks easy.

So, the valus of that kit, with receiver, two buttstocks and a feed could would approach 2600. I think an honest price would be about 2K.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts