1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For sale MG 42 AA tripod,perfect condition,great paint,best one of these I have seen. It has a Guiette pintle,makes for a solid mount with a 1919a4.$350.00 plus $25.00 shipping,USPS money order,first I will take it.
Tripod 1A.JPG Tripod 1B.JPG

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
smallbuilder SEZ: "Sent you a pm"

So, was that an "I'll take it?" It'd be nice to know it sold and at what price. I have one too.

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
Registered
7,835 Posts
smallbuilder SEZ: "Sent you a pm"

So, was that an "I'll take it?" It'd be nice to know it sold and at what price. I have one too.

Carry On!
Gary
><>
I don't see an I'll take it in that reply Gary....good day to go fishing tho.....:rofl:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tripod

I don't see an I'll take it in that reply Gary....good day to go fishing tho.....:rofl:
This seems to pop up from time to time,might be time for Mods to step in.I think items should be sold to the first person that posts I will take it.PMs or call me or email sent means nothing.I have a lot of nice things I will
be selling in the near future,all my stuff will be sold to first I will take it.I have answered pm and tripod is still for sale thanks.

·
Registered
264 Posts
This seems to pop up from time to time,might be time for Mods to step in.I think items should be sold to the first person that posts I will take it.PMs or call me or email sent means nothing.I have a lot of nice things I will
be selling in the near future,all my stuff will be sold to first I will take it.I have answered pm and tripod is still for sale thanks.
I agree. Alright well I'll take it.

·
Registered
7,022 Posts
...seller is King...

Been here a few times. Regardless of who does or says what,it is still the sellers option to recognize who gets what. Sometimes a buyer will PM the seller and the item gets sold...no matter who says 'I'll take it'. I agree though...first 'I'll take it' should be the winner. I've done so several times,only to find out someone else PM'd the seller and got the deal. Again...seller determines who they will sell to...period.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tripod

Been here a few times. Regardless of who does or says what,it is still the sellers option to recognize who gets what. Sometimes a buyer will PM the seller and the item gets sold...no matter who says 'I'll take it'. I agree though...first 'I'll take it' should be the winner. I've done so several times,only to find out someone else PM'd the seller and got the deal. Again...seller determines who they will sell to...period.
Hey Len good post,if all members sold only to the first post I will take it the problem might stop.If you can sell to any one, then pms email or phone calls defeat the rule of you must post a price.Just my opinion that and two dollars will buy you a hot drink.

·
Registered
7,835 Posts
Really........I have always been of the assumption that an "I'll take it" always trumps an "Email sent or P.M. sent with questions" - for the simple purpose of keeping it sane and avoiding clashes among interested members. What's the purpose of having ROE's?

Better yet - are there any such rules that apply here on this forum? Maybe we should clarify this once again so as to avoid confusion. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
We have been down this 40 miles of bad road before.

My personal opinion is the posted "Ill take it" should prevail 'cause its time stamped, and the few times I have sold things here ( one of's anyway ) I believe I have required that.

However, having said all that, Len is right about the general rule of the seller gets to sell it however he wants to whoever he wants and he is allowed to piss people off about how he does it

·
Registered
7,835 Posts
Well - at least you are clear about the fact that a seller can do what he wants and piss off a bunch of people here on the forum if he/she so desires. Should make for some interesting reading down the road if this information is accepted as rule of thumb. I still don't get it - why be allowed to sell here if no rules are applied to sellers OR buyers??

But then we have no forum police department either, so......:rolleyes:

OK......So..........just for fun.

JFYI - there are certain individuals here that I do not wish to do business with EVER - so please don't be surprised if at some point in time, you offer an I'll take it to me for something I have offered up for sale on the forum, and you never get a response of any kind as the item goes 24 hours later to my favorite cousin on my wife's side who is a new member here, from New Jersey.

Heheheh.....too funny, but I can adjust to it. :D:rofl:

·
11,817 Posts
Because this is not a sales site, and no commissions collected from transactions, the site has no option to regulate a sale. We can help if things are going sour but as for first or twentieth person in line is not up to the staff.

·
Registered
7,835 Posts
Because this is not a sales site, and no commissions collected from transactions, the site has no option to regulate a sale. We can help if things are going sour but as for first or twentieth person in line is not up to the staff.
I hear you, and I understand the resistance to some rules of engagement. Like I said - I can adjust to it, and I will enjoy the harmony. :D

Enough said [from me] on the matter.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Tripod arrived today. All I can say is wow. Great job on packing that thing. Looks great too. Currently sitting with the a4 in the living room as my soon to be wife is shaking her head.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts