1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dose anyone have trouble registering with the mg-42 forum??? Iv been a member for a while but haven't loged on for some time lost the info to log on,, tried re-registering with no luck i tried to contact the board administrator with no luck any ideas,, i just usually brouse this forum, thanks

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Dose anyone have trouble registering with the mg-42 forum??? Iv been a member for a while but haven't loged on for some time lost the info to log on,, tried re-registering with no luck i tried to contact the board administrator with no luck any ideas,, i just usually brouse this forum, thanks
MG42.US? I was active there several years ago. I just logged in now and it told me my last login was June of 2012.....worked for me.

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
???????

If i could remember my info im sure i could .. I re- registered and have been trying for a week no one is confirming my registration,, thanks maybe you could contact a member there for me and give him my email for a item he needs ,, thanks

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
???????

Ya i cant register been trying for two weeks,cant get a hold of the forum either , or moderators,

·
Registered
276 Posts
I registered a few weeks ago and never received an email from them either. I bought a nice German mg 42 kit with the rear receiver cut included. I wanted to get some info on it from the forum because it came with a .308 barrel. I was thinking it was a after buy or a pieced together kit.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I registered a few weeks ago and never received an email from them either. I bought a nice German mg 42 kit with the rear receiver cut included. I wanted to get some info on it from the forum because it came with a .308 barrel. I was thinking it was a after buy or a pieced together kit.
Probably a MG42 converted post-war to 308 by BGS. Post pics, particularly of the rearmost receiver section (left side).

·
Registered
49 Posts
I registered a month ago. Sent an email to the moderator the day I registered and a day later got an email back and registration was complete.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I don't recognize that code. Of course, the photo is upside down and I'm turning my head like a parrot to look at it.

Looks like "r c" to me. There are no mfg or date codes that I know of that match that. Or "rca" by the bird. BGS would have stamped it on that same side, toward the rear, with a bent-down-winged eagle, often lightly stamped.

It looks like the shroud has the AA sight base on it, which MG42 did but Yogo did not.

·
Registered
960 Posts
FWIW, on a computer with a mouse, hover over the image, right mouse click then select 'save image as' and you can save it to your machine. I usually pick the desktop as the destination. They you can open it up and rotate it with typical viewing software. image1.JPG

hopefully I loaded it back on right. . .

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
???????

Dont know what's up with the 42 forum nice 42 kit ,, that's what i wanted to do was talk to a gentleman that needed a complete barrel shroud,, i have one for him and he dose'nt even know it,, sent a p,m. To a fellow hear that is a member of the 42 forum to see if he could contact him and give him my info ,, no reply ,,

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
???????

The receiver markings i believe are grossfuss date 1945,,nice piece of history,

·
Registered
276 Posts
Sorry to jack the tread anna. This site is amazing, thank you for all the information on my kit. I have been buying kits because I know they will all be gone soon. When I see one with a barrel I jump a lot of the time. I picked up a nice DP 28 kit with 2 barrels recently and it was lost by UPS for over a week. It said out for delivery then it said exception. A week later they called and I picked it up at the regional office. It was re-boxed so it either opened up or was inspected. Here are some more pics that might help me find out if this is real or a fake-made to look like a MG42 kit. The Barrel to me looks non German. What do you guys think? IMG_4890.JPG IMG_4888.JPG IMG_4983.JPG IMG_4984.JPG IMG_4986.JPG

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
???????

Not sure,, if you chose to sell one of the 308 barrels id be interested in one,, nice kit thow,

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I was a long time member of that forum but after the crash a year or so ago that site lost a great deal of its material, haven't bothered participating on there in some time.

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
???????

I stay mostly with this forum ,,i was browsing for a 308 barrel for a mg-42 and had some questions about the conversion from 8mm to 762x51 ,,and had a complete shroud to sell a guy ,, no matter what i try it just will not let me on,, dont know if there is no moderator to contact or what..

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Sorry to jack the tread anna. This site is amazing, thank you for all the information on my kit. I have been buying kits because I know they will all be gone soon. When I see one with a barrel I jump a lot of the time. I picked up a nice DP 28 kit with 2 barrels recently and it was lost by UPS for over a week. It said out for delivery then it said exception. A week later they called and I picked it up at the regional office. It was re-boxed so it either opened up or was inspected. Here are some more pics that might help me find out if this is real or a fake-made to look like a MG42 kit. The Barrel to me looks non German. What do you guys think? View attachment 16440 View attachment 16441 View attachment 16442 View attachment 16443 View attachment 16444
The barrel is an Austrian 7.62 NATO caliber with a WWII extension. That's fairly common. All the rest of the parts are WWII German.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts