1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I have some MG-53 kits...bought 12 years ago, Sarco kits, really clean/little wear...original barrels untouched...bipod and all the parts. I have seen the adds out there and it looks like 500-525 is a given with the bipod included. But with that original barrel what do you think they will fairly fetch...? Just trying to figure out where to fairly price them. Ok...Im bracing for some funny ass responses..... Regards, Bullet

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Crap cant post attachments till I reach 20 posts....why oh why the inhumanity....FNG new status 10 years later.....grrrr...... Regards, Bullet...pics soon.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shroud was demilled per specs then and was torched slightly but the kits are 100% complete with an original barrel. Ill get some pics up tomorrow....posts.....hehe Regards, Bullet

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I should clarify the shroud is intact just the demill they did at the time lightly torching the tip, bipod included, original barrel clean with no big ass holes...;-) Regards, Bullet.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok am I an idiot....I don't see how to load attachments...? It wont allow me to route back to the C drive to load them? Regards, Bullet

·
Registered
600 Posts
If you click here
Text Line Font Screenshot Parallel

You should get a popup to link from either a URL or from your computer. Select My Computer, then select the file and click Upload files.

·
Registered
132 Posts
What I look for in these kits is how the shroud is cut.

If the camming windows are gone and its cut right behind the rear sight (cut short) I pass on them. Though they can be fixed with GM shells its a lot more work.

The longer they are cut to the rear of the camming piece area the better IMO and I'm willing to pay more for those kits. If they have the first rail holes and recuperator hole (cut long) they are worth more IMO.

The front is not as big of a deal because RTG has whole front sections now. Using the RTG MG3 front barrel bushing with the shoulder makes the front super easy to fix now on most of the Yugo shrouds. I use the rear RTG MG3 stubs and splice them onto the GM shells, which again makes them easier skipping the buffer tab install entirely.

Barrels are a big deal now because they have dried up except for the US made 8mm barrels (apex), but even they are expensive and require more work getting the old stub out of the extension and H/S. The once plentiful .308 barrels are now gone from all the vendors as well and will only climb in price (I bought the last from RTG).

That said IMO if the shroud is cut behind the camming piece and being you have barrels I would place them on GB with a reserve of $800. If cut right behind the rear sight (short) $700 with barrel. Or you could sell the kit without barrels for $600/500 dependent and sell the barrels separate from $300 each if they are decent. I wouldn't take less than $300 for a good complete barrel now.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Pretty low mileage kit, appears to have the better cuts, original barrel, bipod and all parts. Forget the 50 flash hider....that's going for sale separately, just had that stuck in these photos by accident. My thoughts is for determining a good price as its one of the better kits bought years ago. Regards, Bullet

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
That is certainly a top dollar kit.

APEX gets $430 for a kit , I'd pay 1/2 again more for this one. Some might go double.

Just a swag, I'm no value expert.

Karl

·
Registered
330 Posts
M53

Bryan at BRP has some really nice receivers , these aren't cheap $1400 but beats the hell out of trying to weld up a whacked up one, also has semi bolt assembly for 275. Be forewarned the MG42/53 is one of the most difficult kits to rebuild into a working gun. I built a dummy for a friend and it was a lot of work.

·
Registered
132 Posts
That looks like a nice kit, especially with the barrel. Myself as a home builder (I use hand tools with a dremel as my mill...lol) I'd like a longer shroud in the rear, but thats just my own preference. I'm working on semi auto build #3, as I did a M53 and made the 2nd into a MG3 clone and this current one a MG1 clone, with one more kit left for a future build.

The GM (Global Machining) shells have the area thats missing BTW so its not a huge deal and most builders expect that. But like I said with the RTG front MG3 bushings and even the RTG rear receiver stubs with the buffer area, combined with the semi auto parts from BRP its never been easier to build one...not that they are easy, but parts wise speaking.

Barrels are getting to be whats going to drive up these builds with them dried up now from the vendors.

I'm guessing with the really nice condition of that kit even with the shorter cut shroud when combined with the barrel and completeness, I'd still place a reserve of $800 on it...it may go for a bit more, who knows. Be willing to let it ride for a few weeks when people start getting their income tax back (tis the season soon) it will sell with a barrel.

Heres's a few of mine BTW, the one in the back is only part done;

This one is on a $399 grade 3 yugo tripod I painted to look German WWII and made new pads for, scope is a $69 Apex yugo M59 scope painted Gray, it not correct but fills the scope mount and looks good enough for me.

They are fun to build and collect.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Cuda, you and a few others have really helped me get the price dialed in. You have some awesome builds, man that looks great, its easy to see you have a passion for the MG's. I will probably list the pieces here and over on AK Builder as well. Good guys here and they can have the first crack, I'm in no hurry so that makes all the difference. Thanks again, Bullet

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cuda I forgot to mention we did a group buy for MG tripods years ago and everyone received them....difference was mine was still in the original German wrapper and had never been opened. When I posted pics of that the group agreed I had hit the lotto....hehe......Man those Germans do good work. The optics kit everything new and unissued...its really cool. Regards, Bullet

1 - 20 of 24 Posts