1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
11,302 Posts
good luck. they are running around $6,000 if you can even find one. more probable option is to find the gun with a sled then sell the gun off after to keep the sled.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I do have a Chinese T24 Tripod which will fit a MG08 with a front adapter (That I don't have but are not super hard to make). Its up on GB, let me know if you are interested. They are a lot lighter and are popular to shoot MG08s from as the Sleds are heavy and bulky and much more expensive. You will also need a traverse clamp as that part comes on the Chinese gun and not on the MG08 (its part of the Sled on the MG08).

·
11,302 Posts
I do have a Chinese T24 Tripod which will fit a MG08 with a front adapter (That I don't have but are not super hard to make). Its up on GB, let me know if you are interested. They are a lot lighter and are popular to shoot MG08s from as the Sleds are heavy and bulky and much more expensive. You will also need a traverse clamp as that part comes on the Chinese gun and not on the MG08 (its part of the Sled on the MG08).

frankly a way better platform to shoot from

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I picked an MG-11 (Swiss) tripod out of a RIA Auction a couple years back, and it is a much better platform than my sled. It would of course be better if it came with a squad of Schutzen to carry, clean and care for the gear. I have seen several sleds for sale lately, none cheap. There was also talk and pics of reproduction ones being made in thee EU, but I have not seen anything make it over here yet. The kids like the optics for shooting bad guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts