1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off this is not a for sale add. I have a couple cut MG15 receivers that I can make one complete receiver out of. None of the threads are cut etc etc. Anyway I was wondering what something like that would go for? The reason Im wondering is if its an expensive item I may sell to finance a maxim. If its not Ill probably by an MG15 kit and make that. What yall think?

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
First off this is not a for sale add. I have a couple cut MG15 receivers that I can make one complete receiver out of. None of the threads are cut etc etc. Anyway I was wondering what something like that would go for? The reason Im wondering is if its an expensive item I may sell to finance a maxim. If its not Ill probably by an MG15 kit and make that. What yall think?
Just to be clear....you are inquiring about the value of several overlapping receiver sections?

If assembled, their value would be 5 years in Club Feb. (Unless you do the semi mods ahead of time)

·
Premium Member
6,952 Posts
Hey guys he is an FFL 07 so no worries there. Glen I wish I could help with value but am not up on these that being said I would put it more than the current semi auto receivers being sold because it is an original at least IMHO

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Either way Glen I will be looking forward to whichever build you go with.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
My apologies in assuming flemgunner was just a guy saying 'hey, I want to make a receiver'. You can never take anything for granted nowadays.

While I am of no use to you for a value estimate, don't you think there would be more of a market if you made it into a semi receiver? Ive seen a few MG15 kits popping up lately but very little in the way of semi and semi conversion parts.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
I would not guess a post sample MG15 receiver would go for very much. Probably in the hundreds?

God knows we will never see an ATF approved semi of that gun.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I would not guess a post sample MG15 receiver would go for very much. Probably in the hundreds?

God knows we will never see an ATF approved semi of that gun.
Gordie K suposedly has a design that is being submitted for approval. No word on its being accepted.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool thanx guys. Yep Im an 07/02.
Its overlapping parts, pretty easy build. I dont really want to mess with it as 8mm is kinda steep and Ive already got the 34 and 42. But if it wasnt worth much then I could see building

·
Registered
71 Posts
Glenn if your interested in selling the pieces I might be interested in buying them. Myself and another 07 bought Gordie's design and working on submitting the design for review. I'd always prefer original steel to a repo receiver, as it's... original. That being said original receiver pieces are kinda rare and we got to work with what we got on the repo side.

You guys will see the semi design come to fruition.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Reminds me of the MG08/15 1918 Spandau saw cut kit I was offered about 8 years ago for $2500.00. The interesting thing about the kit was that the saw cut was on the left side plate, not the right.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts