1919 A4 Forums banner

MG34 Metal Buttstock in the Prague museum

Tags
mg34
2K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  Drenski 
#1 ·
Evening everyone,

Would be interested in knowing a bit more about this metal buttstock photographed in a Prague museum, I'd assume it is post war production but besides that I haven't found any information on it. If anyone does have info on it I'd be very interested in learning more about it. (Searching Z102 doesn't pull up any info either unfortunately)

See less See more
#2 ·
Very nice, would love to know more about this myself. I’m very happy with the Bakelite and metal tipped buttstock a great friend found for me but I enjoy knowing the history behind any Mg34 items. There is just so much to learn. Hopefully someone can educate us.
CaptMax

#6 ·
we live very different lives!!! I was managing a techno artists tour and we had a couple days in prague. We went to the opera and then got chased by a gaggle of ladies who would like to provide "services" for pay. it started off as a few of them offering their wares, then it was 20+ chasing us through the streets. It was absolutely surreal. Aparently they were not used to being denied.

I felt that when I was there, prauge was the absolute best bang for your buck. a general lunch was about $1 (this was before they joined the EU). Even looked in to moving there. If you could not figure out how to make enough money to live even moderately well there, you were doing something wrong.

#11 ·
Current belief is that they are postwar. Nobody truly knows. Some say Portuguese, but then why would it be in Praha? Czechs were known to make wood stocks for the new postwar guns made for Israel (about 30,000). So why would they make it, except as an experiment?

Some did make it stateside, though I’ve not seen one offered in almost 10 years.

#13 ·
to be extra clear, i denied the offer of such services. That is what prefaced the chase. No thank you, have a good evening" that was followed by: what, don't you think we're pretty enough? why don't you want to have a good time....

as for the rest of the city, i think the opera was $10 a ticket, dinner at one of the more fancy places in town was $70 for the two of us, and it was remarkable.

#14 ·
to be extra clear, i denied the offer of such services. That is what prefaced the chase. No thank you, have a good evening" that was followed by: what, don't you think we're pretty enough? why don't you want to have a good time....

as for the rest of the city, i think the opera was $10 a ticket, dinner at one of the more fancy places in town was $70 for the two of us, and it was remarkable.
I was only kidding about you getting laid for a buck.....
After taking her to the opera and then a fancy dinner it was free....:giggle:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.