1919 A4 Forums banner

MG34 / MG42 lafette rechargeable battery

690 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Cincylance 
#1 · (Edited)
Back again with another little creation, got really tired of using the 3 lamp battery packs for the MGZ optical sight illuminator so I designed a nice little box to carry two lipo 3.7v rechargeable batteries (one is a spare). Works flawlessly and much more sturdy plus I don’t have to deal with replacing 9 AA’s every so often. The “skin” is inspired from the Enigma coder battery (had to make my own font for the unique black letter font the original batteries have).

Any questions or potential improvements are welcomed including any other problems you think I can make a solution for, these are fun pass time hobbies!

Rectangle Font Packaging and labeling Soil Box
Shipping box Packing materials Rectangle Wood Carton
Musical instrument accessory Electronic instrument Bumper Wood Audio equipment

See less See more
#3 ·
Did you design the box in a modeling software application, 3D print the box, then paint and label it? That's amazing! You could sell these and I'd be first in line to buy one. Very cool.

I carry a small light that locks into the optic itself. It works best on a post war MG3 ground mount optic, but also "fits" on the Lafette optic. Haven't used it in years, but it works very well. I think I like your invention more for the Lafette set-up.

#4 ·
I was deciding if I should design something like, what light mount do you use specifically? And yes I designed it in a modeling program, 3d printed and then placed a wrap I designed in Adobe illustrator around the sides and another for the top. Also the only problem I would worry about selling these is that it would take the buyer to purchase one of these:

battery and charger packs which I am not sure they would bother with...

And if interested or anyone else sees this post later I managed to get a single battery to keep a LED e10 bulb running 32 hours before it was noticeably dimmer, honestly the spare might've not been needed XD

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.