1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a yugo kit and want to make a dummy mg42. Where is a good source for a dummy receiver?

Same question for a Bren Dummy Mk2.

Merry Christmas to all.

· Registered
305 Posts
NO!!!

I have a yugo kit and want to make a dummy mg42. Where is a good source for a dummy receiver?

Same question for a Bren Dummy Mk2.

Merry Christmas to all.
DO NOT MAKE THE MG 42 A DUMMY GUN
If you have a full demilled receiver they are worth too much money to make a dummy Ive seen them on gun broker go for $800.00 +++
Now if you would like to sell the receiver Ill give you $25.00 CASH ha ha

If you are going to make a dummy gun youll need to weld allmost any moving part, weld the barrel shut and weld it into the receiver drill holes in the barrel + alot more
The problem now is the any ATF guy or gal can say you did not do the welding just right or you did not weld this or that
Then you will say "I do" and now you will be Bubba"s bride over and over again :eek:

Good Luck

· Registered
3,034 Posts
Last time I checked, www.philaord.com had "dummy" MG-42 receivers, they are NOT fully machined and will not accept internals, would require "extensive machine work" to do so. With dummy receiver in this config, should'nt have to butcher barrel/internals, the internals cannot be inserted, weld front of receiver shroud, just slap the parts together for a nice wallhanger. You could sell the demil (rear) half of your receiver for a tidy profit. :D

On the Bren, there are no dummy receivers available, you'd have to make your own so internals won't fit, and barrel butchering/welding might be involved.

Any more questions? ;)

· Registered
833 Posts
I have a Bren MKII dummy. PM sent! :D

· Registered
285 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.