1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across a kit. It is either a Wiselite or BRP, the guy can't remember. It is a full length 80% kit, no welding two pieses parts together. The pile of parts consists of the receiver, bolt rails, 2 bolts, 7.92 and 7.62x51 bbls and top covers, BRP ver2 FCG, 2 boosters, recouperator, charging handle, recoil springs, stock. Looks like it is all there, but he told me to come up with a price. I cannot find anything about the rec. Can anyone give me a starting point to offer the man? I am THINKING around $4-$4500 but I am unsure if that would be an insult to him or too much out of my pocket.

He also has a Gory/SG43 with the carriage/shield and boxes/links. He said $1500 on that. Has 2 bbls that have been plugged where the de-mil was, reamed the chamber but never test popped. Apex has them in stock listed for $1299, but those have de-miled bbls. Is that a fair price?

·
Registered
669 Posts
I think $4000-$4500 is high that "kit" takes a lot of work to get up and running. Depending on if both bolts are original or BRP semi- bolts also make a difference kind of hard to price it
I'd be guessing but I would say $2500-$3000. Jared lewman could probably give you a cost to complete and that would give you a better idea of the value.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bolts are BRP and new as are the bbls, well, for that matter, all of the parts. Shoulda took some pics of it. Thankfully, I am capable of doing what needs to be done to make it run, so there would be no need to pay someone to do things on the kit. Like I said, I do not want to offer the man a low ball amt hand have him get PO'd cause HE thinks I am low balling him. I guess if he wants more than the number I give him he will counter if he believes it is too low.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
The price on the Gory kit is spot on, given that both bbls have been worked on and repaired. (When I say spot on, I mean what a retail kit would cost plus what the bbl repair would set you back)

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
BRP 80% are $1800

A wartime MG42 kit is roughly $2300 while a Yugo is $800. That’s all your parts, though with the German Mg42 kit you can sell the receiver parts and recoup $1200.

BRP bolt $400, grip under $300

Barrels about $400

So with two bolts and two barrels roughly $3800 max. If the parts are Yugo drop $400 off that. And that’s retail pricing. Figure a good price to be $2800.

$4000 is way too high.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts