1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, have one of the MG42AA tripods, and looking at the bracket that is on top. I figure the germans used that bracket along with the adapter that is in it to hold a 42, but is it strong enough for the 1919? I know the 42 fires faster, but guns can recoil differently and I hate guessing on things this important.

So, do you guys use the U-bracket, do you use the mg42 adapter (bracket in the u-bracket that has the trigger/plunger on it)

Thanks for the help.

Brian

·
Registered
72 Posts
brian, i heated the ears and straightened them out. then i cut the ears off long to stand tall. then welded them to flat steel for the width of the 1919. then centered that and welded it to the orignal u bracket(now just a flat square) been working great and its a cheep tripod

·
I wanna go shooting NOW!
3,251 Posts
1919A4me's dual can holders and T&E drop right into the Mg42 AA pod. An option for ya. Check the ad board for more pics/prices. All you do is remove the funky nazi clip from the U channel and then drop the dual cans in. I really like the set up and have had it for a couple years. Never had a problem.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info

thanks guys. I was looking to get one of his T&E's as I am building my own mount. Just wondering if the oriinal would work. Good to know it will.

Brian

·
Registered
847 Posts
I have been using this tripod and put about 12k rounds thru my Browning ANM2 (Similar to a 1919, but lighter and faster) with no problems at all. I did fab a mount using the standard ears on the tripod.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts