1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just for info, Sportsmans guide just posted Swiss MG51 loaders for $99 or $89 if you are a member. Says they are in stock, not pre-sale.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
What does this load, Belts or magazines? I am not familiar with the MG51. Seems there was a discussion last year about Swiss Loaders and the "pitch" was not correct for the MG42.

·
Registered
257 Posts
From what I understand the Swiss MG51 is a MG42 variant that shoots the 7.5mm cartridge. I don't know if it can load 8mm or .308, but I think it uses the same or similar belts as the MG42. Someone who has one chime in......

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
URAR1004 said:
From what I understand the Swiss MG51 is a MG42 variant that shoots the 7.5mm cartridge. I don't know if it can load 8mm or .308, but I think it uses the same or similar belts as the MG42. Someone who has one chime in......

You understand the same as me. I dont know for sure if either one of us is right.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
it is the swiss mg42 variant

·
Registered
78 Posts
Swiss Loader

Urar et al- you are correct- It will not, unless modified, load 8mm on belts- it can be done with a milling machine-tough with a dremel for sure. the SG loader is for mags and is not the same at all- Neither help us 1919 guys.

Mark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts