1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is Dennis from Midwest Metal Creations LLC still doing Maxim builds and such?

Sent him an email with some questions like cost/time frame a few days ago and haven't heard back.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Hi,
Yes Dennis is still doing builds, I would imagine that he is just busy. He does really nice work, is very helpful, and is honest. I would say that he probably has a pretty good back log of builds so there will probably be a bit of a wait.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I understand that he's a popular gunsmith.

I wanted to get a time frame on when it could be completed. I'd just hate to decide to have it built/have funds available, and it ends up taking 6 months to a year, or more.

I've had work done on things by other gunsmiths that said it would only take them a month or 2, and ends up taking 3 or 4 months.

3 months and I start getting fidgety waiting.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Dennis often builds guns in groups. Once he has enough of the same gun, he does those builds. He also doesnt take payment until the gun is finished and ready to ship. His work is excellent and he stands behind his work. I have one of his Maxims, a Madsen and a MG13. You wont be disappointed.

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
Dennis is pretty spot on when he gives you a completion date. He's done several builds for me. Enough so that I did name one of my safes after him.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I wish all the various builders were as good as Dennis, both in the quality of the end result and the professionalism. Whatever the build, it will be a quality build, delivered on time, for the price quoted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts