1919 A4 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
We have all the same stuff except I don't have a Springfield trapdoor yet! What model of Krag is that? Mine is an 1898. Funny thing is that when they issued me my rifle at the sheriff's office I got what appeared to be a never issued M-16A1. I never have fired it on FA in the configuration I got it but I built up all the M-16 parts on a semi auto receiver I have. That's the M-16 clone in my picture.
Mine is an 1898 also.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I usually participate in these threads........and I need suggestions.... I have run out of wall space. I have 8 vertical spaces for 10 guns each......if I space the dowels at 6". Some are already more than that, reducing to 9 guns. A bunch of work to add one gun. I changed the sub-gun section to angles some years ago as I put a 4ft Luger section at the right end of the sub-gun wall. I am now walking over several long guns that I have no place to hang........I have several doubled now, not easy w/bolt handles or other cocking devices protruding on the gun's right side. Contemplating a major redo angling all the guns.........however, I don't like the look of that and I still only get 9 in each row. Picts 1-4, north wall before and after.........this is OK. Other picts. taken around the room. Must be some way to re-arrange, but is escaping me.....suggestions??? (Some of these picts doubled up????) PJH View attachment 122089 View attachment 122091 View attachment 122092 View attachment 122093 View attachment 122094 View attachment 122095 View attachment 122096 View attachment 122097 View attachment 122089 View attachment 122091 View attachment 122092
I mean this with admiration and respect….I hate you😂😂

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
You ever fire the Johnsons??? I have had one for 20 years, never been off the wall display.

PJH
I'm pretty sure I test fired one after I built it but I honestly can't remember now. These are semis in the pics. But I did shoot a FA Johnson at kcr on a Wednesday, one year. I think that one came out of Kent Lomonts estate. I found it to more pleasant to shoot than I expected

·
11,532 Posts
I'm pretty sure I test fired one after I built it but I honestly can't remember now. These are semis in the pics. But I did shoot a FA Johnson at kcr on a Wednesday, one year. I think that one came out of Kent Lomonts estate. I found it to more pleasant to shoot than I expected
That did not help quash my desire for a fa Johnson ……

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
I should have purchased the Johnson LMG that Robert Segal offered for sale, prior to his passing away.
It was JUST outside of my price range, but a very nice example of the type.
APEX has a lot of the magazines, they came from Springfield Sporters.

Looking at PJH's pictures, I realize they are from years back.
One of the SMG's is now in my safe.
He was kind enough to part with a nice example of a gun I had always wanted to own.

Richard

·
Registered
828 Posts
Yes you did, at my friend Dave's farm. Remember the over reamed bbl producing the 30-06 "Improved" casings?? 🤣

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
My collection is quite modest compared to most pictured here,I have the standard WW2 stuff and some fun stuff but my biggest toy is this, 1943 M2A1 and a home built 57MM AT gun, most of the old times have seen it come up a time or two but I never get tired of showing it off.
View attachment 122287
I may be just a tad bit jealous haha! Very nice!

21 - 40 of 46 Posts