1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FINISHED MY 1919 BUILD BUT MY BREN GUN BUILD HAS STOPPED AS I CANNOT LOCATE ANYONE SELLING SEMI-AUTO STRIKERS & SEMI-AUTO FIRING PIN & SPRINGS. SEEM TO HAVE DRYED UP AS IN THE LAST 10 YEARS. ALL FINISHED EXCEPT THESE ITEMS & NOW RETIRED WITHOUT A MACHINE SHOP TO USE. HEAVY PAPERWEIGHT NOW.

·
Premium Member
3,175 Posts
I have both a Savage and Kiwi striker system. You need to be a 250# gorilla to pull the bolt back on the Savage Bren design. The Kiwi system is better (this assumes Len did not change his striker and spring design) but Kiwi uses opposing springs which is temperamental and seems illogical. The best system is the Mighty-Lime telescoping striker assembly. I have examples of all 3 systems. The Mighty-Lime telescoping piston design has a spring load very similar to the full auto setup, so the loading and recoil are balanced like the original Bren single spring design.

BTW, you can make a firing pin from an original Bren firing pin by welding an extension to the rear. I actually make a SA firing pin by drilling the rear of an original firing pin and soldering a piece of drill rod in the hole.

Here's a pic of the Mightly-Line striker assembly --- the absolute best!

·
Registered
40 Posts
ML isnt making that setup any more but a guy on WG is making a copy you can buy. Go check out the bren section over at WG

·
Registered
241 Posts
I bought a set off the guy over at weapons guide. Top notch guy with Fast Service an delivery... Seeing I'm not ready for build yet get one while you can. No One is Making Anything Anymore !!!...

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I bought 2 of his strikers and they work great! As far as I know he is still making them. There is also a company making semi firing pins now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts