1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Funny they list Century Arms as the importer on that Israeli 1919A4.
Century made the sideplates, the builder stamped their name above the Century markings.
I have a 1919 I had built on one of those Century plates.
Century brought a bunch of 1919 kits from Yugoslavia and had a plan to build them, but sold the kits and plates instead.

Richard

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
John K called me yesterday but I didn't even register to phone bid. I'm buying other investments right now. Ones that pay me every month. There was some nice stuff and I was tempted.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
That is truly insane, nether one of those guns where even that nice, nothing special at all.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
This HK53 conversion (incorrectly listed as an HK93) was a good price at $4,920.00. This is a $5500-$6000 gun. The collapsable stock alone is $1000.

Funny thing is, this ^^ was listed as an "HK93" and another Terry Dyer HK53 conversion with an A2 stock (non collapsable) and the correct length HK53 handguard went for more money ($5100).

Weird auction. Most of the NFA stuff was over the top in their final prices.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Some crazy prices... $92k MG42.... Crazy prices... people want out of the US dollar...
They paid their rent for all of 2021 on that sale didn't they?!

Granted, that MG42 is an early gun with early features ... but it has a post-war bipod, 308 barrel (and presumably bolt head), and for that price I'd expect some accessories and a Lafette tripod and a bakelite stock. Nope.

I guess the new owner got themselves a gun that they can say "Ian reviewed this actual MG on Forgotten Weapons". That's got to be worth the $47,000 premium paid over any other MG42 where the 'going rate' is about $45,000. o_O Someone paid a 'museum specimen' price for a NOT museum specimen MG42.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I just always wonder who actually pays that much? Are they rich people that send their people to find / buy for them? I meant I get it if you have million what is 10-50k difference. Not much and I get i.

I my available to hire if anyone is looking for someone to buy machine guns for them!!!

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I wonder that too. I wonder if they are first time auction bidders and have no clue about buyer's premium, sales tax, and shipping.

I've won items from both Rock Island Auctions (PITA) and James D. Julia (total pros, I really miss JJ) and I knew exactly what my top bid was going to be on those auctions, including BP (no sales tax at the time) (I made my own arrangements for shipping) before I placed a bid.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts