1919 A4 Forums banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Heard this morning that here in PA the house, senate, and congress are all Dem controlled for the first time since the 40’s. We will be just like all the other liberal states around us now with hardly any gun rights and stupid laws and taxes.
We need to remember that rights aren't something a majority can vote away from a minority.
We'll have to act accordingly when the time comes.

·
Registered
453 Posts
The Democrats now hold a super-majority here in both house of the Colorado legislature.
They can even override the veto of Gov Palpatine, should he decide something they propose is too far out even for him.
No longer can he claim "I AM the Senate!"
I have heard the next session in our state is going to look at more magazine regulation.
The reality is the current Colorado law makers can do what they want.
In recent years it has been enacting the same "green" regulations as California (C.A.R.B., etc)

Richard
Let me know when you open the Columbus OH warehouses so I can work for you 😂

·
Registered
467 Posts
The SeNate in PA still has a GOP majority but you are right the house was flipped to Democrats. They keep inching closer. Every new generation that is able to vote keeps wanting more free stuff. The Govt will take care of them.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
I just reviewed the last MORPHY's auction results.
Wow, would not have guessed at some of those prices.
I would have thought the Polish BAR would have sold for more.
I liked the ZB-26, but not for that kind of money, ZB-30 is a better gun.

Richard

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't buy into (pun intended) the investment theory. I've discussed that with my finance guy, and customers who have very deep pockets. Putting $30k a year into machine guns VS $30k properly invested, the machine gun "investment" is going to lose every time when all is said and done.
Machine Guns, or any guns for that matter are not investments. Some may appreciate in value, but not much more than they increase in inflation. If the person who spent almost a half million dollars on the M240 did it as an investment, he's not too bright.
Yeah, I can put a half mil into some local real estate in a development corridor, and have $3 mil or better within a decade. An MG is fun, but even if it appreciates, it's not an "investment."

·
Registered
79 Posts
I bid on a half dozen things, everything went berserk. Picked up a toy elsewhere when I realized where it was going.

Property is great due to scarcity and leverage. MGs are great due to scarcity and enjoyment. I'll never understand the people who put things in safes for decades. That cash could 10X if used to seed some investment property purchases.

·
Registered
109 Posts
After I spent all the money I did on my 1918 BAR, you can bet your sweet butt I’m going to keep it in the safe for DECADES. No telling if or whether I will ever have the money to buy another MG at these high investment appreciating prices. Darn right they are an investment. There are no more being made, demand hasn’t slowed down, and prices continually rise every year. In my mind that’s a solid investment you can make money on.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was following the Poulin Auction Session #1 Lot 1021 which was a Wilson Vickers with tripod, transit chest, and one tabbed cloth belt. Hammered at $15525. Buyers premium is 17.5% plus 5.x% Maine sales tax....
Couple of 34's went for $46k each and a museum grade FG 42 for $327,750

41 - 52 of 52 Posts