1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who currently makes the most accurate right side plate on the market in regards to markings, fit, finish, ect? Looking for a plate for a 1943-44 Saginaw A4.

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
KMP or HALO...?

Either mfg. is held in high regard. Unsure who would do a better job of special engraving. Almost every plate I've purchased has been KMP design and Tom's trigger/sear is considered the 'industry-standard' for both the .30 cal and .50 cal semi-weapons.

·
Legendary Donor
1,683 Posts
1919 plate

if you want the best see if you can find a sam plate. but i think he quit making them.
KMP will not engrave anything but what the ATF said i could on my plates. And thats just my info and SN.
how anybody else does it is up to them. My intent is to retire NOT in prison. !!!
tomt :rolleyes::D

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
:eek:fftopic: Tomt -- I had NO idea BATFE (Bureau of All Things Fun and Exciting) regulates only that information could go on the (outside?) of the side-plate! You mean IF I have "F*** The Gubbmint" or "As for me, give me Liberty of give me Death" I can get a free vacation at the GrayBar Hotel? So lots of folks are potentially in trouble?

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
Legendary Donor
1,683 Posts
engraving

nope.
the ATF told me (personally-letter form) that i must engrave my info on the outside of the RHSP.
they did not say where only that it has my info on the outside.
if you build your own gun -not for profit. they really don't care. but as a dealer i must do what they tell me. so i do !!
thanks. tomt

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was handed a copy of Section 7 and told "do this and you won't have any problems." Not very comforting, but I'm always double checking it against my planned work projects.

It appears that Halo is the most "accurate" with markings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts