1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
This is an original WWII MP28 II DEWAT complete with its original deactivated receiver. Very few of these guns exist in DEWAT or parts kit form.

i think he's missing the whole " hey it's not registered " part.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Probably "stock" photos of another firearm. I'm not sure I saw anything which would constitute an actual serial number.

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Unregistered DEWAT most likely. Ask the guy to take pics of the boltface and the breech area…… If it is an unregistered DEWAT from the retail DEWAT days of the fifties, many MP28s had the boltfaces welded over and ground flush and the breech area filled with arc weld. Cadmus Industries in CA did a lot of MP28s this way in the mid 1950s including one I bought from them at that time. Over the years I've come across quite a few more done this way, mostly registered.
Anyway, someone needs to ask him about the welding too find out what's going on.…..

Bob Naess

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
...legal and OK

Right. Just spoke with the gentleman and he says he has found the original 'dewat' paper work. It is an original,welded and de-milled per ATF specs at the time. School'd him on the differences between a dewat...old style,a registered dewat,a 1919 style rebuild of a former FA gun into a legal semi-auto and the many different type of guns made from kits. His name is Mike and he asked several good questions. Hope I was able to help him and he said he would post the ATF paper work with his sale.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
MP28 is an IMA dummy gun, with "paperwork" being an affidavit submitted by Mark Dotten, former IMA manager, to ATF describing the destruction to the gun to comply with dummy construction regulations.
I e-mailed the owner and he put pics up on his auction of various aspects of the ATF required damage to the gun. Bolt and firing pin appears to be new repros.
Confusion due to inexperience with terminology by owner, etc…..

Bob Naess

·
Registered
695 Posts
Hats off to the seller for changing the ad to reflect the difference based on the info provided.
some won't
Steamer

1 - 11 of 11 Posts